Almost here!!!

Chris Sully

TVWBB Member
The big brown truck is supposed to drop off a big brown box at my house today.

Checked my delivery status and it said "out for delivery"!!!

Almost as exciting as waiting for Jeep parts or a new guitar. Would be as exciting if I didn't have to wait until the weekend, at the earliest, to use it.

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy.......
bliss.gif

Oh, the joys of Christmas past.

When my first one arrived, after hours of caressing each part as I luvingly assembled and reassembled it, I finally forced myself to bed. As I climbed into bed, my wife rolled over and grumbled - "I'm surprised you didn't bring that thing to bed."

Resist the urge.

It was literally a month of going back and forth on the two. I saw the benefits to both...

I went BIG.

What's some extra fuel here and there. And my wife has a huge family that, I assume, I will have to feed at some point.

yup, I guess that is what "delay in Delivery due to external factors means"

Since it was posted 10 minutes before 6pm, my guess is they didn't get their runs done.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune - and a pox on those "external factors"...but I was under the impression that these delivery companies (UPS and FEDEX, anyway) kept on delivering until the truck was empty.

I was speculating that is what was happening.

This morning I got an email saying "Due to circumstances beyond our control, your package will be delayed 1-2 days"

Maybe they dropped the thing, broke it and have to ship a new one.

or the UPS guys are having a company BBQ this weekend.

So much for Amazon Prime shipping.

As a driver of one of those brown trucks, I can assure you, we want nothing more than to get all the pkgs off the truck! In fact, with the 'improvements' in technology, mgt is now able to tell how many stops we have completed, and still have yet to do!(So leaving pkgs on the truck, so we can get finished earlier is not an option) You stated in one of your posts, that it was out for delivery, but then you were told it would be a day or two late. you have obviously tracked the pkg before, what is the last reading (info) for your tracking number? Let me know what it says, I'm curious about this one. Again, this stinks that we dropped the the ball on getting you your baby when we should have, let me know what the info is on the trkg #.

Ah yes I remember the day my 22.5 showed up and my UPS guy said "What the **** is this? It's heavy."

I have had a UPS guy not even attempt to deliver at my house before and say I wasn't there and they will deliver it tomorrow. It was something really important for my business and I called up and lost it!

I guess every business has its share of "glitches", but as far as the UPS and FEDEX folks, I guess I've been lucky in that regard - haven't yet had anything but good experiences with 'em....and believe me, when I have an issue with a business that's given me a problem (or my perception of a problem), I'm definitely not shy about voicing my displeasure! That's the only way an owner/upper management can gauge the effectiveness of its operations and hopefully make modifications as needed - or as some companies are wont to do, ignore the problem and go about their day as though nothing ever happened.

And when I get what I consider extraordinary service, I feel it's only right to provide a pat on the back as well.

So much for Amazon Prime shipping.

Amazon Prime isn't the issue. They ship as per agreement. If there's a delay after it ships, that's on the carrier.
Unusual for Brown to come up short, at least in my experience, but be sure to get some answers!

Good things come to those who wait! Before you know it, the stork will drop off that little 22.5 inch bundle of joy and this will be a distant memory! In the mean time, go shopping for some meat!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

SO I got it late yesterday, All is right with the world. I built it an stared at it for a while.

What should I cook first?

Tim: the tracking said that it arrived, went out for delivery, arrived at the same place again 45 minutes later, then I got the "due to circumstances" letter. I thought it was kind of weird.

Good deal, glad we came through in the end. kind of sounds to me like the pkg had been placed on the wrong pkg car by accident. Any how, I am glad you got your BIG baby! I went with The Best Ribs In the Universe recipe for my first smoke. A pretty simple smoke, but it really built my confidence, Gave me a good feel for preparing meats, controling/adjusting temps, and judging when the ribs are finished. And oh by the way, yielded it also 3 AWSOME SLABS OF RIBS!! Good luck, and we need to see lots of pics of the smoke!!
Enjoy!!

I agree with Tim. Ribs would be a good start. I would recommend the 3-2-1 method for less stress. My first smoke was butts. Not bad either and the WSM really proved itself since I had been doing them on my kettle. I went from tons of labor to almost none. Hmmmm ribs. Gotta go, I need to get to my butcher!

Back