Not open for further replies.
G

...myself

Hi all

Im Niall from Ireland and I am new
(Dont bully me!)

I use a b*stardised WSM copy
which I got made. A real WSM would cost me
400 dollars (plus shipping from UK to Ireland)

Its a 22" kettle with a big extension section
(28" body)like the thunder belly thing on sale there in the US. Its got two doors for fuel & lower food grate access.

Anyway its close to a WSM just bigger
so Ive joined the VWB clique.

The site is super and I am looking forward to
learning & contributing

Slainte

Niall
Dublin, Ireland

Niall-

Welcome!! When I started at this forum, I, too had what I prefer to call an expertly, and creatively modified weber kettle!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif They work great once you have them set up right. Describe your set up for us.... Here's mine (even though I now own a WSM as well.)

DigCam09102002%20056.jpg

Rich G.

Hi Niall,

Welcome to the forum - I don't think you'll get any bullying around here. Sure would like to see a pic of yours - Richs' looks pretty cool! This is a super site! Lots of good info here. BTW, My roots are from Scotland and I was born in Holland - Air Force Brat!

Rich, I like it! That is really cool. I have two smokers right now, but I really want to build one myself someday.

Niall, Welcome to the forum.

Did you guys ever see the Magnum Weber? There are a few other guys around that have made a "bullet" from a Weber Kettle. Check this out...

I'm waiting for somebody to do it with a Ranch kettle (sorry, too rich for me) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Rich

Rich-

I'm glad you like it....that's one of the last living pictures of my modified weber kettle. The poor thing died in a competition this weekend. Snapped one of the leg welds off, and that's all she wrote (yes, it was full of hot coals, but that's another story.....)

Good thing I recently picked up a WSM!!

Rich G.

Hi Guys

Rich, My effort is similar but a wee bit slicker /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Its made of satin stainless and has two doors
and a bigger centre section (about 28")

I will post a piccie

Thanks for the welcomes

Niall

Niall-

Wouldn't be too tough to build something slicker than mine!! Then again, I have a degree in one of those liberal arts thingies, so I think I did pretty good. Besides, I think that the uglier a pit is, the more character it has! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Looking forward to a picture of yours when you get around to it!

Rich G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back