Alligator Clips and Temps

D Petrman

TVWBB Member
Hey,

Got a rather silly question.....I lost my aligator clip for my temp prob......so now I just have it propped up between the grates......is this going to affect my cook times??? Just looking at the smoke......temp is set to 250 and it seems like it is smoking slow out of the vents? Just curious...any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Petrman:
Hey,

Got a rather silly question.....I lost my aligator clip for my temp prob......so now I just have it propped up between the grates......is this going to affect my cook times??? Just looking at the smoke......temp is set to 250 and it seems like it is smoking slow out of the vents? Just curious...any opinions will be greatly appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure the temp sensor on the probe is not touching meat or metal and you should be getting the same temp reading you would with the clips.

Thanks Larry.....I think I've gotten so excited about buying charcoal today that my mind has went soft.(13 bags, four trips to the store....total cost $1 a bag for 18 pounders)........I've been double checking the probe and it not touching metal or meat.....just seems like the bark is slower to devolop and the smoke is blowing out slower than I'm used to seeing it.........of course it could be all due to the unatural calm of texas weather today.....I think I'm used to the wind blowing a lot.....and today almost total calm.....

Back