Alligator Clip on the IQue 110

HE Etheredge

TVWBB Member
I was wondering if anyone has experience with removing the alligator clip on the IQue? It would make things a lot easier to run the probe through one of my guru eyelets, but I am unable to do so because of the size of the clip. I am uncomfortable with cutting holes (potential rust) in my $300 smoker. I have noticed the Pitmaster website says "the cooking temperature is measured by the alligator clip on the temperature probe". This may be a stupid question, but I would like to know if removing this alligator clip would cause the probe to quit working or give inaccurate readings. It looks like the alligator clip is spot welded onto the probe.

No idea as I don't have one Yet. But can you tell me how loud the fan is? Is it suitable for "quiet time at a comp? I wrote to the dealer but he didn't address the question of noise. Would love to talk to a comp team that uses the IQ 110

The fan is extremely quiet. You can carry on a conversation with someone holding the fan against their ear. I have to look at the fan to asses if it is running, as I cannot hear it running. It is a variable speed fan (5-15cfm) and I am running a 18 wsm, so i doubt if i will ever hear it running at 15 cfm.

Please contact me privately to discuss removal of the alligator clip. Forum rules prevent me from answering directly. Click on my profile if you wish to contact me.

Mike.
Pick one up. You are not going to be disappointed. I had another cook tonight and it performed beautifully. No pictures, but the pork chops were the best I have ever had! We all know the thin line PC's afford.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HE Etheredge:
Mike.
Pick one up. You are not going to be disappointed. I had another cook tonight and it performed beautifully. No pictures, but the pork chops were the best I have ever had! We all know the thin line PC's afford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please send me an email on my profile would love to chat about the controller.

Mark

Pulled the alligator clip off of my probe, finally. I drilled a hole through the top of the clip. I slide my probe through the gromet attach the alligator clip to the grate and slide the probe through the new holes. Works great!

Back