All Hail the Minion Method!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jim's out doing what many of the rest of us want to be doing...Taking a nice vacation and getting ready for the change of the seasons...
icon_wink.gif

Thank you all for kind words, I'm having problems being able to log on at work (I think it is a conspiracy).
Rita you are a dear.
Dale, I'm sure glad your back in WA (darwing is tomorrow).

You know Chris has done a masterful job putting this site together. We have Doug, Stoggie and Keri just to name a few great cooks and teachers of the art. I read the information being spread by you all and I realized you all have been paying attention and are perfecting your methods. I really like the new blood here, the ideas you have are great.
I'm happy to add when I feel I have something that you all have not already expressed.

This summer I became a KCBS Rep and judge trainer while I worked at putting on new competitions with the WBBQA, it has been a great year. I'm working on a cooking manual right now that we will use in the cooking classes we will be giving in the future.

This year I have given 3 cooking classes and watched some students try their hand at competition, to a cook they were able to get up on stage for ribbons and cash, very satisfying to know that the information is getting across. What I'm teaching is the information that was formulated here and cooking competitions for the last six years.

What I'm try to say is without the chance to talk the art with you all, without this place I would not be having the time of my life.
Thank you all!
Jim

Thank You Jim! I talk about you everytime I talk about BBQ....so, I guess that would be about 65 times a day!! Thanks again!!
icon_frown.gif
icon_wink.gif

Hmmm... let's see...<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Saint Jim...nope, don't sound right.<LI>Saint Minion...naw sounds like some place in the Carribean.<LI>Saint James...nope, already used.<LI>Saint ....???
[/list]
Suggestions???
icon_wink.gif

*** Yeeooww...lookout for the lightning...***

does everybody use the same minion method? I read somewhere a modified minion method using a coffee can with the top and bottom cut out. Put the coffee can in the center of the grate and surround it with the unlit coals and then pour the lit chimney down inside the can and pull the can out with plyers. Thats what Ive done the few times Ive smoked and so far it works fairly well. Is this method not as good as just putting the lit coals on top of the unlit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back