Aging Beef in cryovac bags

J,
That is an awesome observation. Please, post when you get a chance to try it. What herbs are you thinking of trying? What cut are you going to use?
Lance

J,
That is an awesome observation. Please, post when you get a chance to try it. What herbs are you thinking of trying? What cut are you going to use?
Lance

it was merely another crazy idea that results from my interactions with the people of this forum.

I'm obsessed with bresaola, so this is a natural extension of that.

I've been buying pasture raised angus from a local source. the only downside it that they freeze the meat straight after butchering. The meat is good but not nearly as good as the dry aged stuff I can get at a local supermarket. Since reading about AB's method. I might invest in a rib roast from the local grower and dry age it. Whether I go with a peppery, juniper rub for my first timeout, remains to be seen.

Just an update on that chuck.
I wet aged it in cryovac for 3 weeks, No flavours.
Then I froze it until It was needed for a family do.
Well, It was a hit, I did let it air dry in a fan forced fridge over night and that got rid of the gas smell (Egg gas) that cryovacing does.
It was tender, Melt in the mouth and cooked out at 16 hrs.
After all that, I think it is worth while to wet age. Maybe not the best way to do things but better than cooking it while the beef is still having muscle spasms after death.

Thanks again for yall great info.

Back