After cook cleaning

Mike Len

Hey guys. What’s everyone doing to clean your gas grill after your done cooking? I keep the heat on high so I can use a wire brush and clean the racks then wipe off the nobs and outside down with a warm dish cloth.

Sounds about right. I have a Silver A so this is what applies to me: I did some fajitas today for lunch and afterward baked everything on the grates until it was crispy and scoured it off with crumpled aluminum foil. If it’s really bad I’ll take them off and hose them down with oven cleaner and spray off with a water hose. I have the stainless Weber grates and rcplanebuyer flavorizers.

The lower tray which holds the drip pan is covered with aluminum foil and that is replaced every cook. Periodically, I’ll clean off the flavorizer bars if they are getting dirty. Once a year I’ll get a paint scraper and go over the inside of the grill and clean up built up gunk under the grates.

I simply turn off the grill. Before the next cook I turn the burners on high and scrape and brush the grates while they are hot.
I might clean the drip tray at the end of the year. I empty the small catch tray when it looks like it's getting full, if the raccoons haven't gotten there first.

Gerry

I simply turn off the grill. Before the next cook I turn the burners on high and scrape and brush the grates while they are hot.
I might clean the drip tray at the end of the year. I empty the small catch tray when it looks like it's getting full, if the raccoons haven't gotten there first.

Gerry

This is what I do as well.

If you have CI grates, leaving all that grease and gunk on the grates will lead to corrosion. That is why I will never go back to CI on my grills if I have a viable stainless alternative.

Hey guys. What’s everyone doing to clean your gas grill after your done cooking? I keep the heat on high so I can use a wire brush and clean the racks then wipe off the nobs and outside down with a warm dish cloth.

I do the same as you except no wire brush for me. Like Bruce i use the chargon tool after turning the grill on high for a few minutes. The chargon tool takes slightly longer. But works better (IMO) and will last many more years than any brush.

Back