Advice on E-435 repairs?

Paul Harker

I bought an unused but majorly distressed '19 E-435.
Missing critical parts (EDIT: Replaced)
-- Igniter switch (69283 / $20)
-- Grease tray (66037 / $50)
-- Leftmost valve, but it appears only complete manifold is available (67466 / $150)
-- Catch pan (70379 / $23)
Also missing but not critical to grilling:
-- Right side bulkhead panel (conceals gas line) (67424 / $51.39)
-- Both cabinet doors ($170) (EDIT: Home made replacements)
-- Left and right shelves (w/ side burner) $144 for fixed table, ??? for shelf with side burner
Damaged but functional:
-- Lid handle (66418 / $42.57)
-- Control panel (67415 / $99.60)

Clearly it would be too expensive to replace all missing/damaged parts. Especially the side burner and table, which, purchased as parts would be outrageously expensive My plan is to replace the critical parts, and perhaps the bulkhead panel. I can fabricate doors and tables. Since the model is rather new, I don't anticipate much availability of used parts.

The need for a complete new manifold was a bit of a surprise. It occured to me that I could move the sear valve to the missing position and seal its openings. Workable, or stupid idea?
UPDATE: It appears the jet/nozzle on the sear valve is different than the main burners. Main burner jets are marked 162, sear jet is marked 135.

It also occured to me that since I have the gas connection for a side burner, I could mount an aftermarket burner. Are there any other considerations or options that I should be aware of?

Last edited:
Post in here your needs and see if someone has a used valve for sale.

Last edited:
I now have all essential parts. The cabinet doors were made from marine ply and lotsa coats of paint & used handles. I 3d printed hinge parts and sealed with epoxy.
Also made a pair of end plates out of cedar.
I have a line on used tables w/side-burner and the right hand shroud.
I ended up buying a whole new manifold and am partially offsetting the cost selling my existing (unused) valves.
It will be a day or two until I hook it up and verify no gas leaks.
I avoided making any modifications to Weber parts so that if I, or a future owner wish to restore to stock there will be no issue.
20210717_120302.jpg20210717_120244.jpg

After reading your original post I thought it would be a parts grill but boy was I wrong! Good work, you now have a nice gasser.

How much was that and what was the story. Sounds like it may be a good tale.
I had been planning on buying a copper colored Genesis II E-315. I just happened to check for Webers a few weeks ago on our local Craigslist. Listed was this unused E-435 NG, incorrectly identified as propane. The seller had bought it at auction but the project was more than he could manage. English was not his first language, so getting details were difficult.
The grill’s condition was as listed above. A box of new Weber flavorizer bars were included, and since this model typically has cast iron grates, I’m assuming seller had also purchased the stainless grates.
I bought it for $200.
I put about an additional $270 into it to bring it to the condition in the pics. This includes the missing Weber parts, some generic stainless steel screws and bolts, and paint for the doors. I’ve since recouped $35-ish selling a valve, and expect (hope) to sell my remaining three valves (two main, one for sear burner — BTW: I’m not sure if there is a difference other than the orifice)
So, as-stands, I expect my total investment after selling valves will be about $370.
Of course I am still missing the two side-tables, side burner, and right-hand shroud plate. I *might* have a line on getting them from a fellow installing his 435 into an outdoor kitchen.
If not, I plan on making some stand-alone tables to sit to left/right of the grill.

Last edited:
Where did you acquire the parts you used?
Since the Weber starter switch is on backorder everywhere, I bought an exact fit generic on Amazon:

The manifold assembly I purchased from TheBBQDepot.com

The grease tray and catch pan were purchased from EdYoungs.com

Also: Seller had purchased Flavorizer bars from GrillParts.com

Last edited:

Back