Adjusting Burners on Genesis II E335

PHolder

TVWBB Pro
Spring has Sprung in Middle Tennessee as a young man's , ahem, mind turns to grilling.
I cleaned out my grill this morning and one of the burners was giving yellow flames. Pulled the burner tubes and notice this one's intake was restricted from the factory much more than the others.
I opened it up a little and looks better.

Is there a specified way to to this. I want to make sure its done correctly. Thanks.

Blue with slight yellow tips.

Was it burning differently last year? Is the screen clean? Any other obstruction ?

If it ran fine before and now it showed an issue than its not the adjustment. All the adjustment is doing is "masking" what's wrong. First find out what's wrong. They don't adjust themselves.

It seemed to be running fine when I first got it last spring. Has fall came I noticed the right most burner with the yellow tips. The screen seems to be clean. I swapped it to another spot and it seemed to be doing the same thing. The screen was adjusted there it was substantially more closed off than the other 4. I opened it up a bit.

If you moved the burner tube and it did the same thing, you eliminated the manifold as the problem. Just adjust that burner tube to match the others and you should be good and it sounds like you already did.

Back