Added swivel casters to my WSM

You are correct. Here's one of the best examples I've seen to date. I think Don Marco in Germany did something similar and it's posted here on the board.

Bill

Originally posted by Donald:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rich langer:
I am looking for a pre-one touch 18.5" kettle base to put my WSM on.

Am I to understand that the WSM will fit on this?

Weber One-Touch Platinum Charcoal Grill 461001 18-1/2"

Just drop it on there and good to go?

Donald </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. But you may have a hard time finding one, that model has been discontinued, as that ad states. Points you off to the 22.5" Performer.

Originally posted by Rusty Barton:
I used three straight 16" pieces of 1/2" conduit to create a triangle behind the legs.
The conduit was flattened about 1-1/2" on each end, bent at an angle and bolted to the legs about an inch or two above the wheels.

WSM-wheels2.JPG

Rusty

Thanks for posting the picture Rusty, I got to admit that when you were describing the WSM on a prior post I was thinking Frankinsmoker but that actually looks very nice.

Donald

Hi,

First time poster working on my new WSM. The Guru eyelets have been added with no problem, just picked up some handles for the middle section from Ace and now I am going for the casters mod. FYI...Lowes has 2" rubber casters with brakes that have the threaded stem Donald was looking for. They are $4 and some change apiece.

Donald, I have a question for you. The pipe bender you used looks to have an alignment system for different angles. What alignment did you use for your perfect circle or did you just eyeball it?

Thanks!

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Schwartz:

FYI...Lowes has 2" rubber casters with brakes that have the threaded stem Donald was looking for. They are $4 and some change apiece.

Cool!

Donald, I have a question for you. The pipe bender you used looks to have an alignment system for different angles. What alignment did you use for your perfect circle or did you just eyeball it?

Thanks!

Tom

Welcome Tom to the wonderful world of conduit bending and forming, a rewarding and status enhancing craft that will provide you with every other device you always never knew you needed or could afford. Welcome to The Virtual Weber Bullet as well and thanks for the Lowe's info about the casters.

I drew a circle on some cardboard using the lid of the WSM. I didn't pay attention to the angle markers I just made a bend every three inches or so to match the circumference inside the drawn circle.

You can sort of see the conduit bender marks on the conduit here:

WSMmod-003ul.jpg

Make sure you form the male end of the conduit before you make the bend, way easier.

Donald

Back