Added swivel casters to my WSM

The conduit was a good idea to brace the legs with casters. I used three straight 16" pieces of 1/2" conduit to create a triangle behind the legs. I flattened 1-1/2" on each end, bent them at an angle and bolted them to the legs about an inch or two above the wheels.

Rusty

Originally posted by Rusty Barton:
I used three straight 16" pieces of 1/2" conduit to create a triangle behind the legs. I flattened 1-1/2" on each end, bent them at an angle and bolted them to the legs about two inches above the wheels.

Rusty

Yeah Rusty thanks for the inspiration. Just being able to easily move it a few inches here and there makes it so much easier to use.

Conduit: Is there anything it can't do?

Although I don't really need it I installed a brake to see how it would handle. Right off the bat I can see I'm going to need to add another.

Brake-001ul.jpg

Maybe somebody can come up with a slicker design. It's a little tedious to twist down the bolt.

Donald

Locking casters?
icon_wink.gif

Oh, no no no. We need a complex redundant superfluous solution to a problem that never existed.

Do they make them with pin style threaded 2 inch swivel wheels? If they do they're on there.

Originally posted by Donald:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rich langer:
I think that after the 42 days of work...

Whoa!

Are you on a tuna boat out there somewhere on the Pacific? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
42 days of work (less sick days and I understand that there is a lot of Anal Glaucoma going around) until I retire
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by rich langer:
I understand that there is a lot of Anal Glaucoma

Nope. I'm not gonna ask what this is. Nope. Not me. It's gonna be someone else this time.

Ahh....now I get it:

Anal Glaucoma

A woman calls her boss one morning and tells him that she is staying home because she is not feeling well.

"What's the matter?" he asks.

"I have a case of anal glaucoma," she says in a weak voice.

"What the hell is anal glaucoma?"

"I can't see my *** coming into work today."

Originally posted by Donald:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ...until I retire
icon_smile.gif

Would this be a forced retirement? As in a federally administered a.. glaucoma firing?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can retire and the school district (I'm a Chemistry Teacher) is going to he!! in a handbasket - we lose State Accredidation on June 15 - and I am sick of having to get up at 5:30 AM
icon_frown.gif

Cliff H:

2003494921245939421_th.jpg

Are those 2 inch pin threaded locking swivel casters attached to your WSM?

Neato.

Where'd you get them?

How do they hold the WSM in place?

Donald

Donald,

Tractor Supply had 2" locking swivel casters with 3/8 threaded pins. There was just enough room to use washers on both sides and a locknut.

Originally posted by Cliff H.:
Donald,

Tractor Supply...

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">tractor supply co. store #112

2749 calloway drive
bakersfield, ca 93312
phone: (661) 589-1504

Phoenix, AZ
Change destination

Drive: 499 mi (about 7 hours 35 mins)</span>

I'll look around town see if I can find a closer alternative. Nice job Cliff, lookin good.

I am looking for a pre-one touch 18.5" kettle base to put my WSM on. The advantage over adding swivel caster is that the grates will be up higher.

Now to check Craigslist yet again!

handle.bmp

Rusty,
I like the thermometer attached to the handle. Got any more pictures?

Thanks,
Russell

Wow. Nice pictures. Thanks Rusty

Back