Added Casters to My 2009 18inch

TimO

I added two inch casters with foot brakes this weekend to my new smoker. I had noticed that with the previous model people were adding a support ring to the three legs.

The new legs seem to be more sturdy and I don't really see a need to add the extra support. Also the heat shield really helps stabilize the legs if you bend the tabs in to hold the heat shield tight. I've got a few pics.........not the best, taken with cell phone
icon_smile.gif
Pics http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/timo123451/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marlene Steinberg:
Nice!

Hoping that the holes are already there.

Did you get brakes for all four? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My 2009 18.5 doesn't have holes, but shouldn't be too hard to punch and drill...4, don't you mean 3
icon_wink.gif
?

I bought the 2 inch casters at tractor supply, all three casters have a brake. An easy way to mark a center point for the 3/8 caster stem is to use a flexible ruler and just measure up from the hole that is on the side of the leg. I used 3/8 washers on my casters. The inside washer needs to be bent into the shape of a u before it will fit inside the leg. I used a bench vise to tweak mine and it worked out well.

Back