Access Door Knob LOOOOOOSE

Nick DeNora

Guys,
My access door knob keeps falling off, I sent away for the loctite, that doesn't hold anything you turn the knob twice and it pops right off again. This is such a cheaply designed door knob, i am soo frustrated with it... Help any of you guys have that same problem? If not your knob must be better than mind...
please help
Nick

Brand new 2010 model. The access door is crappy... The knob strips and does not catch so the door falls open or your trying to lock it and the catch falls into the charcoal pan while your cooking... it's really cheap...

then i'd give Weber a call for a replacement.
The 2010 models are the same as 2009 (which i have) and i have not had any problems with it.
Perhaps your assembly has a faulty threaded knob insert.
Again, Weber's awesome customer service number is: 1-800-446-1071
Don't be shy, give'em a try.
icon_biggrin.gif

Yep,
thanks, I already did, plant shutdown this month for anybody who wants to call... so you will be waiting a while...

On my original door, the knob was only held on by about one thread, so I called Weber CS and they sent me a complete new door. The new style knob is much better than the old.

-Mark.

1 Thread? wow thats bad! maybe they were experimenting with a cheaper door? Mine just comes right off,,, its pretty bad... Yep, I called I hope the one they send is better...

I recently posted this in one of the other forums:

I can't find the thread now but someone once posted a mod to the handle using a hex bolt and nut to replace the fragile brass insert in the handle. You drill out the hole through the handle and then drill a countersink on the outside of the handle so that the round head of the hexbolt is flush with the handle. Then you essentially though bolt the parts of the inner latch. You can tighten all you want without pulling out the brass threads. I did it and it works great.

I can take pics but I don't have a photo hosting site set up. If you do and would like, I can email them to you and you can post them. Let me know. I don't know why I can't find the prior thread/post.

Armando, If you want to send me the Pics, I'll post them for you. My email address is in my profile.

There is a COmpany out there that sells a stainless steel door for the WMS's. A friend of mine bought one and he loves it. I had to order a new door from Weber soon after I had been using it as it was not conforming to the shape of the pit. I was losing a LOT of smoke from around the edges of the door. They sent me an entire new door, but it has a different type knob which I don't like, as it's round, so you have to look at the latch so you will know how far to turn it to close it. It fits much better however.

I've had the same problem, used my WSM 22 twice and the door knob became very flimsy, weak etc..I'm calling them in the AM. Thanks for the info.

Back