...about that checklist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Miller

TVWBB Fan
Got in a hurry to get started on a 8 1/2# butt. About an hour into the process I realized that I had forgotton to put foil over my sand. "What the hell" I thought, so I'll ruin this sand I have access to plenty of it and I'll just replace it. Went through a 15 hour cook without taking the lid off or adding fuel. Dumb !!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Have you ever seen one of those water pans with chisel marks all over it. It ain't a purty sight!

That sand not only nicely absorbed all of the drippings, it proceeded to set-up like asphalt. Took me over an hour to get it chipped out. During the process, my wife learned some new words from me that she didn't know went together. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

If it was set up that hard I wouldn't have messed with. I would have waited till the next cook, covered with foil, then when done tossed the sand and bought new sand. Of course I'm too lazy to use a chisel. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I wonder, if you had put it in the freezer, would it have just popped out like an asphalt ice cube after it froze?

I recently did a pork butt and let the unfoiled water pan run dry. It looked like a real mess. However, filled it up with water, stoked up the fire and everything came clean without too much work.

Jim--I don't think the water pan could feel a thing, but I did hit my finger once while hammering the chisel -OUCH!!!

Bruce --I think if I had re-cooked it, it would have been worse?

Doug--Hadn't thought of that, might have worked, but then I didn't have that much space left in my freezer. However, this stuff was damn near glued to the pan surface.

Tony---dont think more water would have softened thing up in the state it was in.

I fix most things with a hammer-that's why I not allowed to fix things around the house. No one said I was smart /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I wonder what it tastes like,,,??? JK /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lol...

CHEERS!!!

Bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back