? about Jack Daniels pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Scott

I just picked up a 1 lb. bag of Jack Daniel's smoking pellets(they were reduced in price). Anyone have any thoughts on whether they are any good? If so, what have you used them for?

I believe your talking about the little black pellets correct?

If you are, then these pellets are actually charcoal. The distillery uses this charcoal to filter the whiskey.

You dont soak this or use it in your smoker box. You toss it into your fire like normal charcoal. At least thats what I have done.

I wasnt impressed. I prefer the whiskey barrel chips.

Hey guys I think he is refering to the sawdust pressed pellets . There is the charcoal pellets that you can buy that was used in the filtration process....If anybody can I suggest they go to the Factory and do the tour. The Woodford reserve tour is equally good. It is in Versailles Ky.

I also beleive those are sawdust pellets...I purchased some at a Wal-Mart one time. Not much to talk about. They are OK for the price. I too, bought them at a reduced price.

The bag says they are "smoking pellets made with Jack Daniel's mellowing charcoal." The instructions suggest using a foil pouch and to use 1/3 cup of the pellets. They are not to be soaked in water before use. Supposedly will give 45-60 minutes of smoke. I still have the receipt, so if I don't get a strong recommendation, I will likely return them.

Excuse me, you are right. I looked at my bag..they are black little pellets and are made with charcoal..its been a while since I used them.

To be honest....I wasn't impressed with the product. Wish I had my receipt. Hummmmm......come to think of it Wal-Mart might take them back anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve McMurtry:
Deadhead, I have used them!
They work really well when grilling, I just drop
them on the lava rocks, and they will smoke for about 1/2 hour(two handfulls).
I also tried them on my WSM, with Jack Daniels
rib recipe, they were fantastic!!!!
Try them out I don't think you have wasted your time or money!!!!!
Cheers
Steve <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back