A quality WSM work table

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
Paul Hubbard, my friend and barbecue partner, loaned me two of his WSM's and his work table for Smoke Day V. He built this table for safely transporting his smokers in his trailer. The work table also facilitates easy unloading and set-up because we carry the assembled WSM's out of the trailer while they are in their positions.

p1020809edited.jpg

Paul built the table with the help of his daughter, she made all the welds, and has included many well thought out features. Each of the stainless steel work surfaces is sized to hold a WSM lid. That leaves the third surface for working while the lids are off the smokers. Paul also included a built-in mount for his BBQ Gurus between the two WSM areas.

p1020811edited.jpg

The unit is heavy and strong, it takes at least two people to unload it from his trailer. Paul did not use wheels (so it won't shift while in the trailer), but they could easily be added.

p1020815edited.jpg

The configuration also provides work space for additional WSM's on the ends when we compete or cook for large parties.

i want one of those for my 22. my 2 boys could never make one of those. i knew we should have a had a girl.
i wonder if one could be made for my 26 kettle too. guess if you made the opening big enough you could still use the slide aside

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim C:
i want one of those for my 22. my 2 boys could never make one of those. i knew we should have a had a girl.
i wonder if one could be made for my 26 kettle too. guess if you made the opening big enough you could still use the slide aside </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tim,

Not to make you feel any worse, but we don't call Paul the One Arm Bandit for nothing.

Jim

Back