A plethora of smokes

Kyle H.

TVWBB Fan
I haven't had the chance to upload the pics off of my camera so I'm just now getting around to posting about all of the delicious animal parts I've eaten in the past few months. First off a barbecue I had back in March.

Nice smoke ring.

Pulled.

Fried pickles anyone?

Avocado corn salsa too!

Then I did 4 butts in early July, two for my niece's first birthday and two for when we went downeeoshin for the 4th.

Done after 21 hours.

Pulled.

Served up with a side of Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans.

Back home a few weeks later my wife and I decided to grill up some nice strips and I took my first stab at hasselback potatoes.

My plate which also features some grill zucchini and patty pan squash from my dad's garden.

Cooked perfectly and topped with a grilled jalapeno.

And finally my most recent barbecue which featured a choice packer brisket and some good old pastrami.

Burnt ends before they went back on the smoker.

Burnt ends finished after an additional 3 hours.

The most sensual of the cured, salted meats: Pastrami! This is probably my favorite thing to smoke. I just can't get enough of this stuff!

And finally a nice Bohannon (a cocktail of my own creation) to end the night featuring an ice cube from the fancy new tray my wife got me for my birthday. Also the reason I neglected to take any photos of the sliced brisket... Oops, may have made it a tad strong...

That's it for now, I hope you all enjoy looking as much as I did eating!

Great food a photos Kyle! What's in a Bohannon?

Well I make a star anise simple syrup (2 cups sugar in the raw, 1 cup water, 2 T anise seeds) and then put a hefty squirt of that in the glass followed by two or three glugs of Rittenhouse 100 Rye Whiskey and give that a stir. Then I top it all off with a few shakes of orange bitters. It's amazingly smooth and deceptively strong. 3 shots of 100 proof whiskey will put pretty much anyone I know on their backside, but I've gotten used to them. :)

Last edited:
Great looking cooks Kyle! I just started a brisket curing tonight -- hope it comes out like yours.

yes, very nice.
and all that was cooked on a ........... ?

food shots are cool, food shots on WEBER cookers are AWESOME ;)

WoW whatta spread! Love it all. And "Fried pickles anyone" - Never herd of it before but its brilliant :)

Back