A new Weber grill?

This might be Webers answer to the used market. Their kettle grills last a long, long time, but when people see this low price
they will buy new instead of used. Smart marketing I think.

I don't get the name:confused: Weber just upgraded and reintroduced the 18.5" JJ, and now a 22.5" on wheels is also a JJ?
Oh and I have the Smokey Joe Platinum, which is the second coming of the Jumbo Joe.

Tim

Last edited:
Awesome Chuck, I'm a bit obsessed lately with making a really good pizza oven out of a Weber grill, got close with the mini WSM and putting lit coals on the grate over the pizza, but it's a bit of a pain in the booty.
The most expensive version of the Kettle Pizza looks like like the ticket, but the price is out of my range, can't justify it.
I'm thinking of making a "Little Black Egg" out of my Smokey Joe.

Awesome Chuck, I'm a bit obsessed lately with making a really good pizza oven out of a Weber grill, got close with the mini WSM and putting lit coals on the grate over the pizza, but it's a bit of a pain in the booty.
The most expensive version of the Kettle Pizza looks like like the ticket, but the price is out of my range, can't justify it.
I'm thinking of making a "Little Black Egg" out of my Smokey Joe.
I know the addiction. I really like using my Comal on my Kettle, Then my Kettle Pizza and lately, Cast Iron on the BBQ. I'm bummed, my order for this 22" Jumbo Joe has been delayed. Hope that's not a bad omen :(

I know the addiction. I really like using my Comal on my Kettle, Then my Kettle Pizza and lately, Cast Iron on the BBQ. I'm bummed, my order for this 22" Jumbo Joe has been delayed. Hope that's not a bad omen :(

Probably delayed due to the excessive demand for Christmas. Fulfillment centers should get caught up soon, now that New Years' is just a few hours away (or already here in some parts of the world).

This is what used to be called the Compact Kettle and it has been available from Weber overseas since the mid 90s. It's Weber's answer to the value knockoff kettles. There are no leg sockets, the legs are screwed in, the shape of it is mainly geared towards direct grilling (burgers and dogs/brats and steak). These might be desirable for such a purpose, but you wont get the full benefit of a classic design kettle. To your point, it might also make for a great pizza cooker.

This is what used to be called the Compact Kettle and it has been available from Weber overseas since the mid 90s. It's Weber's answer to the value knockoff kettles. There are no leg sockets, the legs are screwed in, the shape of it is mainly geared towards direct grilling (burgers and dogs/brats and steak). These might be desirable for such a purpose, but you wont get the full benefit of a classic design kettle. To your point, it might also make for a great pizza cooker.
The funny thing about this, it isn't in any of their catalogs, including the new 2015 catalog

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-catalogs/2015-weber-catalog.pdf

Makes me wonder if it's something Weber will continue to make or if this is a clearance sale...

The funny thing about this, it isn't in any of their catalogs, including the new 2015 catalog

Makes me wonder if it's something Weber will continue to make or if this is a clearance sale...

I forgot that wasn't in the catalog. The people they put in these catalogs always makes me chuckle. Urbanized "beautiful people" that look like they belong in a clothing catalog. But then again, who would want to see someone like me..... scruffy beard, charcoal stained jacket sleeves, cigarette in one hand, spatula in the other...

It's definitely Weber's answer to the knockoff kettles that are being sold in the 45-70 dollar price range. They're basically saying "Hey, don't want to spend $99 on a 22.5" kettle? Buy this!"

Not a bad marketing strategy actually. The price point is such that someone who otherwise would not be interested in Weber Grills might buy one of these and then get hooked on the great Weber products.

Back