A new player in the kettle game...

I too was intrigued by BBM’s review and have to agree with him on the vent placement. I find the vent and thermometer placement on the Mastertouch counterintuitive for a couple of reasons. The first one is if you place the kettle with leg at the front, wheel at the back, when you clean the grates the bbq moves back and forth as you scrub. Also, with the thermometer at the front, the vent catches on the roll away lid holder. You can get over this by rotating the lid but then you can’t see the vent from the front which defeats the object.
if you use the kettle side on the roll away lid holder needs to be on the right because if you have it the other way round the ash cather and bottom vent is at the back of the bbq. No good if there is not room to get round there. The vent being at front issue is solved as is the grate cleaning issue but I find that being right handed The lid feels in the way when tending to the grill. Imalso haveva Performer Deluxe and don’t have any of these problems because of 4 wheels for the stability, clearance as the lid rolls to the left and the vent is at the front. ash catcher and vent also easily accessibl.

i don’t know which way most people have their Mastertouchs but I would assume that for space it’s wheels at the back. If Weber moved the vent as the SNS has done youncan roll the lid backwards without anything catching. Just my opinion.

i vowed to never watch any more of BBMs videos ever again, but he sucked me in...his reviews are so scatter brained its tough to watch. thats a 10 min video at most.

regardless, there are some features that seem like a no brainer to add to a kettle. the ash pan for one

I did a little looking at BBQGuys.com and saw a pretty hideous review of build quality of the Napoleon on the small cart. Too bad, because I personally think it looks very nice and has some features that seem an improvement over a Weber Performer.

if you use the kettle side on the roll away lid holder needs to be on the right because if you have it the other way round the ash cather and bottom vent is at the back of the bbq. No good if there is not room to get round there. The vent being at front issue is solved as is the grate cleaning issue but I find that being right handed The lid feels in the way when tending to the grill.

I think I understand what you are saying.... You can rotate the ash catcher ring so the controls wind up on the other side of the kettle. It can be assembled either way. I always cook from the side of the kettle and have the damper control facing me.

:unsure: but there isn't a 26" Performer. And, anyone can set a table next to the kettle, a pavilion is only cover.
But there could be a 26” performer, with a little imagination and some inspiration, I’m mentally designing one for the day I find a 26” for the right price. 26” on one end and dedicated pizzaque on the other. That I would have to call the “Supreme performer” as the 22”/18” is the “Overperformer” then, I’d need to design my own pavilion what to name that...
You took a great name for yours!
Ooh, just came to me!
“Grillzebo”! Gee, that might clear up some garage space too!

Back