A little taste of America in Ireland

Barry

TVWBB Member
Pictures were taken a while back. But I thought I would share anyway.

There was a game on so I smoked some BB ribs, ST. Louis spares and some brisket.

Put the brisket into a samie with some buttered corn and slaw and had the ribs on the side.

Washed down with an O'Haras Irish Pale Ale. If you can source it, it's a beautiful brew.

Thanks y'all! :) It was brisket inside the pitta along with some buttered corn and a ruby slaw.

Pickled onions!!! How could I never have thought of pickled onions?? Next time for sure Adam

looks outstanding. beer and cabbage has always been an underrated combination. enjoy the bubble bath.

don't touch the lid-

Barry, you can't be crackin' on us about some beer we're unlikely to ever taste (& I'll bet it tasted good!)...now regarding that sandwich..very nice!

Barry, you can't be crackin' on us about some beer we're unlikely to ever taste (& I'll bet it tasted good!)...now regarding that sandwich..very nice!

Ohara's is distrubuted in the states ( at least where I live). I've seen their red an their Irish stout ( I tried both, neither did anything for me but the stout was REALLY Dry). I think the distributor was dropping it because a lot of places were selling it for half off ( 5 bucks for a 4 pack) and it didnt last too long at that price.

My guess is ( with the proviso that tastes are personal) that the food >>>>>> the beer in this case. But even bad beer ( and I'm not saying ohara's is bad) is better than no beer when smoking.

Hiya sandy.I agree about both the stout and red. I do really like the pale ale though.

Beer when smoking is a must!

Back