A little Q music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art, never heard of Lee Perry or Dub & Boom. But I can't say I've ever listened to Black Sabbath low. Daaaa da daa daa da, daa da daa da de daaa da da (iron man). Gotta be loud /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I hear you about the volume - - by low I mean low in tone, not decibels.

And dub and doom are styles of music. Perry does "dub" reggae, which is slow, trippy and brain-shaking. And Sabbath is self-explanatory.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Lax:
[qb] I like to listen to Rocka- Billy and Blues when Q-ing how about you? /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you like Rockabilly, look for music by a band called Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys. It's rockabilly like you've never heard. Really classy stuff.

Jeez, I listen to everything while I cook. You can't go wrong with Johnny Cash. Any kind of Bluegrass is good, too. Whoever said Del McCoury is right on.

Ever heard Don Walser? He's the Jimi Hendrix of cowboy yodeling. It's hilarious. Great Q music also.

Then again, I also still listen to punk rock and the ear-splitting racket I listened to in high school. Looks like I'm no growing up....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Art B:
[qb] Mike,

It does look like y'all have about the same age range/musical taste - - so maybe I'm a little outside the core demographic when I tell you that when I'm cooking, I like my music slow and low as well: Lee Perry and Black Sabbath. Dub and Doom.

Art B [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Lee "Scratch" Perry would be great for those overnight Minion method cooks! Massive Attack, too.

Do the neighborhood a favor and save Sabbath for the daylight hours!

I'd have to say a litle known artist called Michael McCloud who reminds me of what Jimmy Buffett (and maybe a bit of jerry Jeff Walker) were was back in the late 70's before he became popular. This guy sits out at Schooner Warf bar in Key West each afternoon for 3-4 hours playing and its kind of magical.

On his first album he wrote the "Conch Republic National Anthem" which always reminds me (especially when i'm smoking out this time of year) that I need to change my Latitude!!!

The quote from the Conch Republic National Anthem is:

Key West Florida is my home,
and I know I'll never ever want to roam
Where the Ladies are lovely and drinking is considered a sport
and I'd rather be here just drinking a beer
than be freezing my *** in the north!!

I listen to a pretty wide spectrum of music, but when I fire up the bullet, I tend to listen to country or blues.
Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe, Hank Snow, Hank Williams, Hank Williams III, Merle Haggard, Wayne Hancock, BB King, Muddy Waters, Hubert Sumlin, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy, Charlie Patton, Robert Johnson, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughn ... (in no particular order).

How can anybody forget Willie? Did I miss him bein mentioned? And I'm glad someone else like Tom T. Hall too. I gotta listen to him by myself cuz the wife rolls her eyes whenever I put him on.

With that kind of music, are you Southern Calif guys from LA?

That is Lower Alabama. That way we can listen to the perfect country and western song because it contains mama, a truck, you know.

This is Off Topic, but some of us can't wait to get outta So. California. Although as I type this, it is a pleasant 65 degrees outside. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

All Blues Man...

"One Foot in the Blues" by ZZ, try cut #13...."Bar-B-Q".

Led Zep, "Going Down Slow", from cd "How the West Was Won".

And to finish up your 3 hour, foiled butt hold,
S.R.V..."Rude Mood".

"Blues On!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne Sizemore:
[qb]I like a nice long SRV tune like "Texas Flood" [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Reminds me of the day I walked into my local record store about 20 or more years ago and SRV's "Texas Flood" was playing on the turntable [Hey Doug, what's a turntable?], and I said, "I don't know who or what that is, but I'll take a copy right now." It was the only one he had, and I made him sell it to me.

Hello in there... I forgot John Prine.
Doug, a turntable is an ancient mechanical device. It consists partly of a platter that turns clockwise. You place a plastic disc on it that has grooves in it. It also has an arm with a needle sticking out of... Oh never mind.
I wonder? If you reversed the polarity and got it to turn counter clockwise... put on the White Album... Would you get good Q music? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Bob,

"...so I called up my local DJ and he didn't have a lot to say, but the radio has learned all my favorite tunes..."

Ahh, the warm tones of analog, sweet!

Wayne

It appears we are all one in the BBQ universe.
Can I get an Amen? /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

WOW! By the looks of it you guys are gonna hate me /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
First off let me tell you that I'm heavily into Hip Hop music. I grew up on Hip Hop and Rock & Roll. But now days I prefer Hip Hop or R&B over any other music.
You ready?

Eminem
50 Cent
Tupac
Dr Dre
Too Short
East Side Boys
Bubba Sparks
And most R&B out now days.

It is amazing how much people are judged by the type of music they listen too. I catch flak all the time cause of it. But I don't let it bother me.

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis what are we gonna do with you? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I really enjoy listening to "older" country and some newer country from artists who remember what country music is or was. Stardust + Willie Nelson + All night cook = dont' get no better.

I also enjoy BB King and Carlos Santanna, and anything with a saxophone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back