A little Q music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything by Smokin' Joe Kubek (he said, avoiding the obvious references to Smokey Robinson and Deep Purple).

I've always found that my butts turn out better if they get exposed to some Bill Monroe or Ralph Stanley or Del McCoury. Ribs seem to like Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker. However, it could be some Dale Watson or Kelly Willis or Lucinda Williams or Merle Haggard or Kasey Chambers or Johnny Cash or Pat Travers or Johnny Winter or Chris Knight or The Ramones or Emmylou Harris or Stevie Ray Vaughn or Neil Young or The Flying Burrito Brothers or George Jones or Tammy Wynette or George Jones and Tammy Wynette or The Amazing Rythym Aces or The Ventures or Little Richard or Carl Perkins or The Byrds or..........

Wayne

I seem to get the best results with Lynrd Skynrd on most everything. I sometimes like to plug in the old amp and pick a little lead along with "Gimme Three Steps" and "Tuesdays Gone" and "Simple Man"

Lynrd Skynrd said "Gimme back my Bullet" /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Maybe I'm out of line here; but how about The Who, Led Zepelin, BB King, The Band, Allman Brothers, Greatfull Dead and some Pink Floyd?
Shania Twain? Hoyt Axton? And then came Elvis.
Last but not least..... Our beloved Michael Jackson. Not! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Hey Jim W- What song is it you want to hear? (50,000 people yell out Free Bird at a 1976 concert in Memphis.)

I have been Q'ing to Ben Harper and Jack Johnson these days. Also just got J.J. Cale Troubadore.

Sonny,

Momma don't allow no guitar pickin' in here! (Or is it pig pickin'?). J.J. is, with out a doubt, the best example of how less can be more. His style is so laid back, but it has so much ...what is the word I'm looking for? Words can't describe it, kinda like great Q, huh? Definitely some great stuff to listen to when staying up for an all nighter!

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne Sizemore:
[qb] The neighbors might get angry if I get out the Strat and crank the Marshall up to "11" and play along with Skynyrd!! [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm jealous, I want a USA strat AND a tele. Prolly have to mic my Fender ultra chorus to get close to the Marshall!!

Dont worry bout the neighbors, lemme hear it down here in Sweet Home Alabama!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jim, Duuude,

I'm gonna need a 100 watt head and a couple of 4x12 cabinets to get that loud! Well, I'll just have to make do with my old Master Lead Combo that I was lucky enough to get when my brother in law upgraded! Hard to beat the Marshall sound! If you crank it up enough, you can render the fat out of a pork butt without waiting through the "plateau"!

Konrad, never met-looking forward to it. Lucille is the Queen of BBQ! Hoowaaahhhhh!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

...or Gillian Welch or Gov't Mule or BR-549 or Jerry Lee Lewis or Kevn Kinney or Lyle Lovett or Patsy Cline, oh Patsy Cline!, or Steve Goodman or David Allen Coe or The Blasters or Van Morrison or Jerry Jeff Walker or......

That sounds very interesting. Coincidentally, Gillian Welch was on Austin City Limits tonite, preceded by The Jayhawks, of which I am now a new fan. I listened to Welch's opening number-- very impressed-- but then switched over to my Bad Company 'Merchants of Cool' DVD I got for Christmas instead.

Sounds like we all bout the same age with our likes. But long as we are goin South, Let us not forget the old Story Teller residing in Franklin, Tn. Mr. Tom T. Hall and his tribute to the pig farmers. "Who's gonna feed them hogs?" /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Mike,

It does look like y'all have about the same age range/musical taste - - so maybe I'm a little outside the core demographic when I tell you that when I'm cooking, I like my music slow and low as well: Lee Perry and Black Sabbath. Dub and Doom.

Art B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back