A few last hurdles of my gen 3000....she is fighting me for some reason

Most hoses have a mesh infrastructure I believe. Again, if you are not seeing the mesh it is probably just fine. But I am pretty cautious when dealing with someone else's propane fittings and hoses.

I don't know anything about the 3M stuff, but unless it specifically states it is for repairing gas hoses, I wouldn't trust it.

I would start my search on amazon. Something like "LP propane hose 3/8 flare 1/8 npt", then just look for one the same length or close to it. It might be a long shot though. Your other option is finding another grill to grab one off of or possibly having one made to your specs. I don't know if you said you checked some of the grill part sites, but it might be an item they carry but I dont think anyone specifically makes them any longer.

Finding one off another grill is probably your best option.

I have spent the last hour trying to find a new hose and so far I see 2 options. It appears that a hose with 3/8 female flare to 1/8 npt male is not common. So what if I buy a standard regulator with the 1/8 NPT male on the end and then unscrew the regulator on the other end which will expose a male thread in which I can attach a 3/8 female flare adapter to? Or option #2 I can buy a hose with 3/8 female flare on both ends and just install the 3/8 to 1/8 adapter to the other end? Do either of those options sound good?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075R73GRY/?tag=tvwb-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HG7Y7M/?tag=tvwb-20

To Larrys reply.....they do in fact make plenty of 3/8" to 1/4" hoses for RV's But I assume it is a 3/8 to 1/8 because Weber used that 1/8 into the manifold.

Just read your last reply Bruce.....I checked my slightly newer grills with side burners but the connection looked different. I will check again now that I have the hose out. I dont have any other grills this old laying around....but I will def be on the look out for a freebie

Honestly Jim, I would not even worry about that little nick. Those hoses are crazy thick and that outer layer is not there to hold gas back (which is my issue my wife hates I don't hold it back badaboom). It's really only a protective layer for the 3 or 4 under it. Just use it and don't lose sleep

Back