A Butter Sauce that CLINGS to the Corn?

Powdered lemon juice. That sounds like something I should have on hand. I see that AmericanSpice.com and KingArthurFlour.com both carry it. Penzey's doesn't. From whom do you order it? Could one use citric acid?

What's the best way to store lemon powder and what kind of shelf life does it have? Does it have a tendency to clump in the jar?

Rita

I get it from American.

It has a long shelf life. It does not need to be refrigerated. Yes, it will clump (badly) in humid environments.

I'm about to order it. I see that they also have lime juice, orange juice, and pomegranate juice powders. I'm thinking for pan sauces, vinaigrettes, and things where I won't need much of the juices. Are they worth ordering as well?

Rita

Yes. I have not gotten the pomegranate (it didn't exist the last time I ordered) but I'm sure it would be worth it as well. I use the lime and orange as often as I do the lemon.

These will be such time savers. I know I'll be pleased with them.

There you go, Kevin, yet again wreaking havoc with my herb and spice collection that I just finished re-organizing to fit into its allotted space.

Rita

P.S. They have apple cider vinegar powder too...and the list goes on. What an interesting web store!

Back