"A bird in the hand"...

Tim K

TVWBB All-Star
My mom always used to tell me, "A bird in the hand is worth 2in the bush."
Well......
About 2months ago, I came across a posting on Craigslist for 22"WSM for $299. My 18.5 has served me well, and I knew how it ran and how to set it to get it to run rock steady for hours. It was almost 10 years old, and was still in great condition....but if I could sell my WSM for around $175, I could offer the owner of the 22.5 $250-&260 and I could almost double my capacity for around $75!!!
Well.....
The same day someone contacted me telling me they were willing to pay my full asking price, I contacted the owner of the 22.5 WSM. Only to find out it was no longer available! Being a man of my word, and hating it when people back out on deals, I went ahead and sold my 18.5 for about $75 less then a new model. Now, here I sit scouring the Internet daily hoping to come across a deal. Hopefully something will pop up soon, After almost 10 years with a WSM, it doesn't look or feel right without a smoker on my deck!!
Tim

Last edited:
worst case scenario, you only paid $7.50 per year for your old one.

Good Luck finding one! I never see the smokers come up around here.

There's a post that keeps appearing for a new genesis with side burner for $75 but I texted once with no response then the next time it came up I called & the guy said he didn't even have a grill----must've torqued the wrong person off :)

Prices sound high?
Locally a older 18 sells for $100 or so & a 22 WSM just posted for $200

Around here, WSM's are rarely listed on Craigslist. Including mine, I have only seen 4 or 5 in the last 6 months! When they do show up, (and priced reasonably) they don't last long. I know I priced mine high, that's part of the game...I never expected to get my full asking price! The 22.5 was less than a year old, so (again thinking I could get it for around 250+/-) I didn't think listing it at $299 was too bad.
Oh well, the search continues!
Tim

Have You checked your local Wally Worlds? Someone posted in another thread about WSMs on clearance. I stopped by mine and they had Weber Spirit E210's for 299, but no WSMs. Prices don't show online, so you have to go check.

Back