A Big Thanks

Nicole

TVWBB Member
Well, my turkey was spectacular. Thanks to all of you. My 3 year old son said "Mom, this so good." My dad said, "This is the best ever. I mean it , the best!" Thank you Keri for such a wonderful recipe. The turkey was just falling off the bone. I'm queen for the day around here. Thank you for all your help, advise and recipe's that made this smoke sucessfull

I used Keri's apple juice brine for a start. I stuffed it with an orange, onion, and fresh rosemary. My average temp was about 300 degrees. I cooked it about 3 1/2 hours, and let it rest for about an hour. The leg and thighs fell of the bone. It was so YUMMY!!!

I too have heard the "best ever" comments, but, I owe it all to Keri's recipe, the WSM, and folks on this board who educated me, directly or indirectly.

Nichole, welcome to the club.

A new term:

Keribrined

icon_biggrin.gif

Others have more experience than I, but I assume it's a juiciness thing, with the juices draining towards the bottom of the bird???

Sounds like you had a perfect cook, congratulations!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
I'd say _cook_ breast-side up. _Rest in cooler_ breast-side down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the way I read it too
icon_smile.gif
Very nice results.

Back