A big cook from yesterday

Clark Deutscher

TVWBB All-Star
We got bored yesterday and decided to cook up 2 round roasts, two pork shoulders, 20 chicken thighs, and a couple racks of spares.

There's 42 pictures if you want to take a glance.

Pics

Clark

So did your clothes fit today buddy?
icon_biggrin.gif

Fine looking grub there Clark! I love those days of endless smoking!

Clark, I looked everywhere, but I didn't see the kitchen sink in your smoker... LOL dang you had everything else, and it made me hungry and I just got through eating. Those ribs looked absolutely fabulous.

What a day! I've never tried multipule meats like that. Looks like you had a lot of fun with the rubs and sauces. I'm jealous, didn't get to smoke anything this weekend.

They just barely fit. Then we got up and fried some home cured bacon and back bacon, eggs and pancakes, now not fitting so well!

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you enjoyed the pics. Most of it came out perfect, and Ed the ribs we're probably the best part!

Clark

Quite the ambitious cook there.

I love the thighs on the WSM. You cooked them through then glazed? What was your process?

For the thighs, I smoked them for about 2 and a half hours or so. I took them to about 160. Then I put them in a covered clay pot full of a mango and chipoltle sauce we tossed together with the lid on. Back on the smoker for about another hour. Then crisped them up on the kettle for the finish.

Clark

Ed the ribs we're probably the best part!

Clark[/QUOTE]

Clark, I sure would like the recipe for the pom glaze that you used on the ribs.

The Pom glaze is really simple. I actually just took a pinepple galaze that Kevin had posted and amended a little.

100% pure pom juice
2 T Butter
2 T Honey

I just melted it all together and then add a little raw sugar to taste, the juice of half a lime and reduced it down until it was syrupy enough to go on. Tasted excellent!

Clark

The pineapple glaze was the same as the pom but without any sugar, just the honey. The juice was from concentrate so was allready sweet enough.

The mango sauce was a little different. I just kind of made it up. I enjoyed it!

I took about 6 cloves of diced garlic and a couple inch piece of ginger and sweated them with olive oil for a couple of minutes in a sauce pan.

Then I grabbed a couple of mango's and tossed them in the sauce pan. I added a little rice vinegar (my favorite vinegar. It was probably about 1/2 a cup.

I then tossed in three whole dried chipoltles (I didn't puree them yet bot just soaked them in the liquid).

Then it was time for a half cup of honey and about 2 T of soya sauce for saltiness. I ended it off with about a teaspoon of rosemary.

I simmered for about 20 minutes and then pureed.

Clark

Thanks Clark, now I now what I am going to do for the 4th of July at my brothers house. Those were some of the BEST ribs that I have seen on this site bar none. They looked like something you'd see in a competition.

Back