70's kettle $300....yep, $300!!!!

That's a pretty decent looking old yellow. $750 (Buy It Now) won't likely happen.
This guy would have been wise to set a reserve, and auction it instead. $400 to
$500 is more realistic. However, I must point on a few things. This guy is clearly
an amateur, and a little shady. His target audience (real kettle heads) easliy notice
the lack of detail (dirty legs, wheels, and triangle, the missing ash pan, not taking the
time to renew the white walls, and also missing push nuts for the wheels.) Those things
are a must if it is to bring top dollar. More disturbing to me is the trickery he is attempting
with his photo work, or lack there of. He gives a close up of one leg socket, the best one,
but no clear shot of the bottom. If you look close, in the other pic, you can see one of the
leg sockets has a substantial amount of rust. Also, the pics of the inside of the lid and bowl
while clearly wet. Come on dude! That's some nice gimmickry to help squeeze an extra $10
out of your 15-year-old cooker on Letgo , but not something to do in this situation.

Dave,
Those are good observations, and I agree that the price is not probably attainable. There are a lot of colllectors who would enjoy fixing and restoring this Kettle to its full potential, but they also expect a bargain. It would definitely command attention if put out to bid at a low price, and that black kettle I posted above (also dirty) shows how carried away people can get when the bidding gets going. But to expect top dollar right off the bat, I agree with you that a seller has to offer top drawer restoration and full disclosure of every facet.

Back