7 blade. Buck roast sous vide

Brad Chilton

TVWBB Fan
picked up a 7 blade chuck roast on sale at Safeway and threw it in the sous vide water bath for 48 hrs at 138 . Was going to throw it on the smoker but ran out if time today ... Torched it and served with a lil gravy made from the juices... It was fork tender and amazing flavor .....New take on pot roast !!!

DBFD3660-5C66-4C61-A7A6-45C6C220AD3A_zpsgurjxepw.jpg

33B3FC3A-4225-477C-8EA3-6B8E840548EE_zps84haflok.jpg

17336433-A7C3-49FB-9299-6F2C21C9B38E_zpss3v2uy7n.jpg

Looks incredible! 48 hours is quite a commitment! Seems worth the payoff, wow.

Did you season before or after the bath?

Brad I would sure like a bite of that. Did it turn out as good as it looks ? I just ordered a Sansaire ....most folks I know have a Anova,but I got the Sansaire a little cheaper. Not sure if I did right sure , but looks like the Sansaire is doing a good job for you.

Brad I would sure like a bite of that. Did it turn out as good as it looks ? I just ordered a Sansaire ....most folks I know have a Anova,but I got the Sansaire a little cheaper. Not sure if I did right sure , but looks like the Sansaire is doing a good job for you.

Glen , it did turn out as good as it looked !! My son put his in a bowl with all ingredients and more gravy for a more traditional looking pot roast .. I kinda like mine deconstructed ... I think you will be happy with the Sansaire ... I've been working my out like crazy ..

That is a gorgeously cooked piece of meat. Love that torch. Seems like after a sous vide cook, that might be all you need to carmelize the outside.

Thanks for sharing, Brad.

Back