6520 Pizza Oven

SteveBuzzard

I no longer even have a Weber Kettle grill. My son is using my stainless Performer cart , as we mostly smoke on a Recteq these days, but also use our GGA.

I still do have a 6520 Pizza Oven, though, that I persuaded a former neighbor to bring back on a plane from Germany. We only used it a couple times. I may be getting my Performer back, though, as it’s going mostly unused since the son’s using his Blackstone griddle these days, and it pains me to see the cart I so lovingly restored gathering tree needles and duff.

I’m unsure whether to sell the pizza oven, or keep it for when I reclaim my old Performer. Would there be interest in it? What would be a fair asking price if I do decide to sell it? Thanks, Steve.

Last edited:
What is a GGA? Some of this shorthand drives me bonkers
It is a Gas Go Anywhere. Not the best, but it’s fine for just the wife and I , since I’m not about to fire up the ReqTeq smoker for a couple brats or burgers after work when it hovers around 100F for 4-5 months straight. I smoke meats on the weekends.

No, I have not used one & although it will work, I was just trying to make a point that are are a ton of different pizza ovens on the market right now that offer a bit more flexibility.
From what I’ve read online , it is far superior to the more commonly used(here in the. U S) Kettle Pizza unit, and some of the others, but I’ve not used those. Holds the heat much better for the higher temps you need to cook pizza at, vs. the open type.

Should work better than the regular kettle pizza. Heat up from back, out the front, and (most important) a low lid to funnel the hot air better to cook the top.

There’s a super deluxe kettle pizza that puts a low lid over the stone. Works well but crazy expensive.

From what I’ve read online , it is far superior to the more commonly used(here in the. U S) Kettle Pizza unit, and some of the others, but I’ve not used those. Holds the heat much better for the higher temps you need to cook pizza at, vs. the open type.
The kettle pizza is not the greatest design for pizza making. I Had the deluxe model with a SS lid for several years before gifting it to a friend after I purchased an Ooni oven. The KP oven can work, but it offers plenty of challenges. It consumes massive amounts of fuel to obtain & maintain temps. The challenges with making pizza in a kettle is more about heat retention, kettles are not insulated, therefore trying to reach temps more than 500 degrees is not always easy, Trying to get temps up while not burning the bottom & under cooking the top are just some of it challenges.

There are numerous stand-alone models to choose from in the market today, even inserts for pellet grills. Some of the top brands that come to mind are, Gozney, Blackstone, Ooni, Solo, etc. I am not knocking your 6520 attachment, I am just trying to explain the options in this ever-changing world of pizza making.

I sure like my kettlepizza attachment. Accidentally have gotten it over 1000°

Attachments

• PXL_20230818_220514134.jpg
    PXL_20230818_220514134.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 6

Back