6/30 Episode of Top Chef

Frank S

TVWBB Super Fan
Did anyone see this week's episode of Top Chef? Their challenge was to cook for congressional aides using brand new Weber charcoal grills. The grills looked like the 26" model.

Anyway, to light the coals the coals it appears chefs were given chimney starters and containers of Kingsford lighter fluid. I was surprised to see one of the chefs completely dousing the charcoals with fluid and lighting them. In general, it didn't seem that most of them had any clue for how to use a charcoal grill and the judges didn't appear to be very happy with most of the final results.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">6/30 Episode of Top Chef </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
is this a new 2010 produce?

google it and yes it was sorry never mind.

Cant download it on my normal site will check for it on another site.

Ty for the info thoo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is this a new 2010 produce? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not sure if I understand your question. I'm referring to the June 30, 2010 episode of Top Chef, a television show.

Yeah, I watched it.

The guy, Tim, who douched the charcoal with fluid, had been talking beforehand about how he is the "grill master."

Pretty funny, if you ask me.

They way they edited the show made it look like none of the chefs, especially the women, had any idea how to use the grills. I'm sure that the ones that did simply didn't get any airtime because efficient use isn't very entertaining.

The little aside where they showed the chefs talking after prep before grilling was pretty funny. Amanda, the hot one, had braised her ribs in orange juice apparently.

One of the guys asked her, "can you pull the bones out?" Like he was asking her if she remembered to do something.

It was such a loaded question, I laughed.

I remember the question about the bones. It was asked by the smirky guy who won the first couple of challenges. I'm sure that the head games that they played with each other off camera was far worse than what we saw on the TV. Each season, the producers always try to find someone to play the villain. He looks like this season's version.

Cant use that link only works to stream in the US

icon_mad.gif

Well it will come to us swedes one day
icon_confused.gif

The chef that got eliminated, Tracey Bloom, has a fantastic restaurant here in Atlanta, Table 1280. I've been there twice in the last couple of months and was blown away. First time, I had a veal burger that was incredibly juicy, served with a side of thick-cut steak frites. Second time, I had her version of a grilled "ham, egg, & cheese" sandwich. Instead of ham, it was served with braised pork shoulder piled high, with a fried egg and cheddar cheese on homemade sourdough. Absolutely phenomenal. All that being said, I was really disappointed in her performance this past week. The food she made was obviously not indicative of what she serves in her restaurant. In an interview with the local paper, she said the pressure of a restaurant was a joke compared to the pressure of the show. Anyway, I'm glad to know that she's still a fantastic chef, just had a really bad performance out of her element.

Well its always like that when "nerves" get into play.

Havent seen the show but here Tracey didnt have the Souschef around her right?

Even bigger pressure to stand alone,well things doesent always turn out like expected thats the "learning curve" even great chefs have things to lern or i think they will quit what they are doing.

Like plaing the super mario 8-bit lvl 1 over and over every day for the rest of ur life not that exiting is it.

(spell)

Bless

Wolgast,try searching for the Bravo television channel website. You might be able to watch the show on there.

Back