50 Lbs of butt on a WSM

Yay! Very nice! I don't say this as often as I like to but , Nice Rack!

Rath *turning into a rack man*

Good pictures, Paul, and thanks for persevering with the picture site.

And they said it couldn't be done. Wow, 50 pounds, eh? That's a pretty clever setup with your rib rack mods.
Rita

Rita, I figure with a second rack you could conceivably do 54-58 lbs of total meat at one time. Three on the top and three on the bottom. Not that I'd want to do that all the time but it's nice knowing if you need to you can<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rita Y:
Good pictures, Paul, and thanks for persevering with the picture site.

And they said it couldn't be done. Wow, 50 pounds, eh? That's a pretty clever setup with your rib rack mods.
Rita </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They look great!!! THanks for working on getting those pictures out. Did you have any issues with the bark on the parts that were tight together from the mounting of them that close together?

Clay, you get bark along the edges of the butt on the inside. There was enough bark on the outside butts. This is something you'd like use when you've got to make a lot of meat. The downside would be a little less bark but look at the overall results. I figure by using two of these racks you could do almost 60 lbs of butt. That would feed almost 30 people(if they were all big eaters).

Back