5 LB propane tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris comer

TVWBB Super Fan
Yesterday I picked up a beautiful green SS performer off CL for $40. What I didn't realize until today when looking at the owners manual was that it requires a 5 LB tank. Looking on line they must be pretty rare these days because they are few and far between and expensive. I thought a 1 lb tank would be what it used and I guess that is the case for the new performers. Anyone know if & how I would use and mount a 1 LB tank?

I just bought a new performer and use a cable / adapter to hook up my 20# tank. If you don't mind using a 20# tank, you could just use an propane extension cord. That tank will last you a very long time.

I'm guessing there is a converter that goes the other way, but I haven't seen anything.

You can get a quick connect for a 20# tank that will work on your grill or call weber and order a 5# tank. The new ones from weber are about $50 and come with quick connect on them. I went through this last year and ended up ordering the new 5# tank for a $30 grill with no regrets.

Dennis do you remember what your total cost from Weber was? Were there shipping costs? The quick dis-connect would probably mean purchasing an addition fitting if purchased somewhere other than Weber, right?

When I worked at ACE Hardware we carried 5lb tanks, so you might want to check with them. We sold a lot of them to ice fisherman in the winter.

I tried to buy one local and the cheapest I could find was $60 plus the price of the quick dis-connect. I think they charge flat rate of $7.50 for shipping. I ordered several items and shipping never went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back