40# Kingsford $7.99 at Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, here in the Des Moines area we're having a Kingsford war in the last two days. Menards started with a 3.99 per 20lb. bag at the first of the week and of course Wal-Mart matched it and at Sam's they have two 24lb. bags for 10.00. Now Home Depot has gotten into the mix with they're add. So it's time to stock up, I bought 40lbs. the other day and going to get more. I like to have 100lbs on hand at all times. I'm ready. Good Q'in.

Chach

their on sale here in the Detroit area! I just came back from picking up two of the 2 paks.

Thanks for the haeds up!

Tom

Thanks I just picked up 480lbs to get through the summer!!!!

appreciate teh tip. 40 lbs for $8.00 is .20/lb not bad for the good stuff!!!!

Is charcoal readily available during the winter months? I started using my WSM this spring and was wondering if I should stockpile kingsford for the winter.

Mike, charcoal is always available somewhere, thank goodness. At least, that's my experience in the DC area. Costco only carries it seasonally, but when I got my WSM in January, Home Depot had plenty of 48 lb packs of Kingsford, plus bags of hickory wood. Even a few grocery stores (large and small) had some, tho alot of times it shares space with fireplace logs in the winter.

That being said, I picked up 144 lbs of the stuff today just to feel good about saving a few bucks, and to be ready for the next month or so of grillin' and smokin'! Woulda' bought more, but I don't have the space to store it...

$7.99 for 48#'s at the costa mesa, CA Home Depot store. Note - the rack is listed at full-price ($10.99), but @ checkout the price is $7.99.

~ Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back