3D RAMPs BBQ Controller Idea

DavidNP

TVWBB Member
It's Friday! so i thought I'd share where I'm at with that 'fun idea' about using full 3d printer controller board to run HM....

3d controller boards have temp sensors(3x) and mosfets to control fans and such...and best of all they can be cheap and are all assembled for you. I had the parts and decided to connect them all together....

Heres whats inside: Ramps v1.4 board, atmega2560 board, esp wifi, connectors for probes/fan:

there's is very, very minimal soldering/work I did to get this together....I was lucky with the esp that I just had to solder 4 female headers on it and it lined up with the power/tx/rx pins.

oh, this is headless (although I guess with some software work the top could use the 'standard' ramps lcd/button module)....I'm just using fan control for now, but there's servo control headers there to use an ethernet jack if I want to connect a full adapt-a-damper style fan/servo.

Heres the photo album....I'll keep you posted how it progresses.......just trying to learn/and have fun making a really 'cheap' headless-BBQ controller :)

Last edited:
DavidNP,

I think you and I have something in common. It's called Hobby Attention Deficit Disorder (HADD).

I'll try and make sure there's a 'Prime Directive' added, but there's not much space left in the atmega chip for all the rules :)

However, with the ramps board theres like 10x the memory space available(compared to HM chip) for the program so perhaps I could instill some AI....hmmmm.....

Back