3000 not getting hot enough

Dan McCloskey

I put new burner tubes and a stainless grate in my 3000. I removed the grill from the frame and put it in a built in grilling station. Everything looks right, but it is not getting hot. Used to get up to damn near 550, now it’s a stretch to get to 350-400. I replaced the regulator thinking that was it, but that didn’t cure it.
Any ideas??

Has your new grilling station have enough ventilation below the grill to let it breathe properly? Even enclosed base Weber gas grills have plenty of ventilation from below.

Agree. My first thought was air flow. But Bruce noticed you changed burners.
Air flow is usually out the back of the grill between the fire box and the lid. Air for the burners and the screens shoild be checked. When all done send pics. Projects are our favorite.

I put new burner tubes and a stainless grate in my 3000. I removed the grill from the frame and put it in a built in grilling station. Everything looks right, but it is not getting hot. Used to get up to damn near 550, now it’s a stretch to get to 350-400. I replaced the regulator thinking that was it, but that didn’t cure it.
Any ideas??
If it worked properly before changing a part and not after you have a smoking gun there

I assume you are going through the proper start up procedure.
Turn off grill valves, turn off tank, disconnect tank and let it sit for a minute or two. Rehook tank to hose. While keeping the grill valves closed, SLOOWWWLLLLYYY open the tank valve all the way. Then open the front valve and light it, then light the other three.

If you are opening the tank with one or more grill valves open or you open it too fast, it senses the sudden rush of gas as a leak and shuts down flow. Also, check for actual leaks along the gas line from the tank to manifold.

Could disconnecting my side burner have anything to do with it? That doesn’t seem plausible, but it is the only other thing that changed.

I assume you are going through the proper start up procedure.
Turn off grill valves, turn off tank, disconnect tank and let it sit for a minute or two. Rehook tank to hose. While keeping the grill valves closed, SLOOWWWLLLLYYY open the tank valve all the way. Then open the front valve and light it, then light the other three.

If you are opening the tank with one or more grill valves open or you open it too fast, it senses the sudden rush of gas as a leak and shuts down flow. Also, check for actual leaks along the gas line from the tank to manifold.
Yes, open tank, turn on burner closest to me, ignite, turn on #2 then 3. Same as I have done a thousand times over.

As long as you plugged the port in the manifold correctly for the side burner, then that should not matter.

Everyone seems to ignore the elephant in the room I brought up. Grill working fine. Changed something (burners) now grill not working. Hmmm why not go back to old burners? Grill fine now? Boom found the issue!

Everyone seems to ignore the elephant in the room I brought up. Grill working fine. Changed something (burners) now grill not working. Hmmm why not go back to old burners? Grill fine now? Boom found the issue!
I discarded the old burners as they were rusted out. These are Weber replacements though.

As long as they are OEM and you have proper flame propagation/color than IMO you can discount the burners as the root issue.

Back