30" Kettle - Would You?

The EX6 is a beast and could handle more than I can put in it. I’ve been using the SNS’s these days and they seem to cut off a good portion on the kettles. I’ve done 3 butts on the SF and have no issue, could easily do 6-8.
, View attachment 40356View attachment 40355

Love them Brussels sprouts. I did some a few nights back in the broiler. EVOO, S&P, bacon bits, some fresh grated parm, and balsamic reduction glaze. If you haven't had balsamic reduction glaze, it's a flavor packed sweet/sour fruity glaze. You can make it by heating balsamic vinegar, adding a sugar (or honey, maple syrup, etc) and just reducing to a thick glaze. Or you can buy it almost any big market or Italian deli.

Your comment about the SnS taking up a lot of room is exactly why I would be interested in a 30".

I would bite on a 30” kettle. I have a 26 and a ranch and there have been times that even with an expansion rack I would like a little for room in the 26. Not enough to drag the ranch out to cook on it. The ranch is a little too big. It has its purpose which for me is once or twice a year to cook something to say I used it. So yeah I could see a use for a 30” kettle.

This I can agree with Dan.
The performer is the one I cannot live without.....if I was to be left with one grill that would be the one....and I know I will be basted because its not the E6 but I love the performer and it's what I learned to do everything on, grill, smoke, offset ect. It's like my first born child!
But it took a while for me to decide......check the 3 or 4 annoying threads I made asking for help while just expanding my grills to one more.
The performer and the E6.....this is what I ended up with and let me tell you about the available real estate that offers. Also the ability to use one for smoke and one for not at the same time is the icing on the cake. Also the performer allows me to do rotisserie as I picked that accessory up as well. So 2 proteins cooked any 2 ways.....you bet.
30" and just one grill....no way.......
I would also go with just 2 22" grills.....it is almost what I went with just due to the higher priced E6......under pressure I caved a bit and glad I did.
The Performer is my perfect grill/smoker. I have owned several, usually one or two at a time for decades. Every time I see one for sale at a unusually good price, I jump. I have owned almost every vintage and I don't make much difference in them. I still prefer the looks of the older models with the stainless sides. I have owned the newer model with the black metal table top but I did not find it to be better than the older composite top. Note to Weber - don't fix what's not broke. Goes for the latest versions of the Charcoal Summit kettles also.

I have owned the newer model with the black metal table top but I did not find it to be better than the older composite top. Note to Weber - don't fix what's not broke.

I see cracked composite tables often in the used market on both performers and one touch platinum's. The metal table seems to be a good thing that they fixed that was broken, I just wish it wasn't so expensive to retrofit.

I might be interested, but first I want a 26" Performer.
I'd be down for this. A 26 in. Performer would RULE, especially if we got multiple colors. Though IDK since it might be a bit too similar to the Summit Kamado for them to pull the trigger, but who knows?

Last edited:
I see cracked composite tables often in the used market on both performers and one touch platinum's. The metal table seems to be a good thing that they fixed that was broken, I just wish it wasn't so expensive to retrofit.
They rust. Mine needs to be redone at some point. Also no interest in a 30"er, or anything larger than the 22 unless they come out with a reasonably priced roti for the 24.

Back