3 Picnic's 21lbs UPDATED PIC'S!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris,
Sorry I made you hungry!! Obviously the folks here at work were too! Every last bit of the meat was gone in 20 minutes! Two crock pots filled to the rim!! Makes me feel good!!

That's what happens with 'Gov-ment' food programs.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Look very good larry. What was/were the sauce(s) of choice?

Larry-

Did you get burnt edges on the butts? I just went to pick up 4 butts and they only had 3 - I'm thinking along your lines of all on the same grate if possible. It looks like your butts went over the edges of the water pan and may have been susceptible to getting burnt from the heat coming up the sides. I have the original WSM water pan - don't know if the charcoal pan mod would make much difference here.

Thanks!

Wade,

You're welcome. Pretty much, everyone here helps everyone else...I was just up to bat
icon_wink.gif

Here's another chart that can be found here on the forum ~ Its terminology is a little different butt, I think you'll get the idea
icon_cool.gif

Rick,
No burnt ends whatsoever. I was however using the brinkmann charcoal pan for the water pan. Might have made a bit of a difference because the brinkmann does have a wider edge than the WSM's waterpan. If yours are as tight as mine were just move the butts around every couple of hours if you are worried about parts over cooking due to the heat wall. For as tight as mine were in there it was a good cook. 21 lbs in 14 hours to get to 190*, the big one finished before the smaller ones! The biggest picnic was 7.5lbs, the other two were right at 6.5 lbs, dome temp between 240-250 the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back