2nd WSM Run - Hot and Fast Chicken

RDean

TVWBB Member
Second cook on the smoker, pretty much followed Chris's guide but smoker was running quite a bit hotter according to the Inkbird. Chicken was good! The only thing I will do differently next time is inject the chicken. The chicken was tender and juicy but would be better with a little extra on the I inside.

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_183827.jpg
    IMG_20200704_183827.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200704_183544.jpg
    IMG_20200704_183544.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 55
You’re chicken has a nice color. Did you use cherry wood?
I used a couple apple chunks, one baseball sized chunk and two little ones. Was just using Kingsford Original charcoal. I had the smoker running pretty hot though, a couple times my grate probe was reading over 400 dF :oops: , made me think it wasn't super accurate but it could have been. I thought it was going to burn a couple times but I let it ride given I only cooked meat side down for about 30 minutes and it turned out well.

That looks great. I've done drum sticks and to be candid, though the taste was great I didn't like the look as much as I like yours...

That looks great. I've done drum sticks and to be candid, though the taste was great I didn't like the look as much as I like yours...
I put a layer of sauce on for the last fifteen twenty minutes which I think helped the look. I recommend shredding any leftovers while the chicken is still warm!

Back