2nd generation Weber Summit charcoal

On the Specifications, it does list "Stainless Steel Diffuser Plate", and something I'm glad is still included: "Built-in Fan Port".

Yeah the fact that the diffuser plate isn’t mentioned makes it appear it won’t be included. I wonder if it will be sold separately or if it will have the cheaper single layered diffuser form the new master touches. Like you said, I’m happy i paid the few hundred more dollars for the older version.
I've been told it's supposed to have the "thin" diffuser plate instead of the old thicker one.
I'm not sure if that will be the same from the new master touches, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Price in The Netherlands will be €1099 (~ $1300) for the stand-alone version.

Last edited:
I've been told it's supposed to have the "thin" diffuser plate instead of the old thicker one.
I'm not sure if that will be the same from the new master touches, but I wouldn't be surprised if it

Is the current Weber Summit diffuser the same width as the new Weber Master Touch diffuser?

I'm not sure if that will be the same from the new master touches, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Price in The Netherlands will be €1099 (~ $1300) for the stand-alone version.

Weber LOVES simplifying parts and reusing them either across different years or models. If it is thinner I bet it's the same one as the master-touch....but the master-touch is a 22" and summit is a 24", right?.

Not yet. Trust me, Lowes, my family, neighbors...everyone is sick of me talking about it. I'll post the moment I know.
It will be worth the wait. I waited almost 4 years before I got my Gen. 1 grilling center. These are well built cookers and a dream to cook on. I rarely use any of my other kettles and WSMs since it has arrived. Oh and with these shorter days the summit gas grill light will work on handles for both Summit Charcoal grills.

Got it last night. Was a happy man. Then, this morning came around, and the reality of the situation set in. I was doing a video on the initial quality, and lets just say, it isn't good. I would NOT recommend this grill. I'll post the video later.

Make haste slowly.
That is very frustrating. And should never have happened. I would have been a bit mad.
But I bet Weber has a new improved one on the way as we speak. In fact someone should be on the way to you with a brisket too.

Got it last night. Was a happy man. Then, this morning came around, and the reality of the situation set in. I was doing a video on the initial quality, and lets just say, it isn't good. I would NOT recommend this grill. I'll post the video later.
Interested to hear what happened

Bummer to see the bad review from the other thread. As a side note, it looks like Lowes has started carrying the new model. It's available on their website - you have to add to cart to see the price ($1047) and it's available with store pickup in 3 to 7 days. Seems like it's not on the floor for now.

-Kyle

Interesting that the lowes item in my cart is model # 18201001. Could that be the original version? Also interesting that it's 1047 and not 999.

Chris, What do you think? I'll jump on it if it's the original...

Thanks,
Kyle

Interesting that the lowes item in my cart is model # 18201001. Could that be the original version? Also interesting that it's 1047 and not 999.

Chris, What do you think? I'll jump on it if it's the original...

Thanks,
Kyle
the gen 1 is 18301001. They are not the same for sure.

Back