28x22 cutting board $14.99 at Menards

See, Dan IS evil! He can‘t get them but… Oh yes, he will set the bloody hook!
God love him! A period those will be amazingly convenient out back!
Thanks and raspberries!
if they suck, I’ll ship them freight collect right out to you!

@Timothy F. Lewis If I tagged you in the first post and said "HEY TFL DON'T READ THIS POST" that would be evil 😇

I tried to order them and they said won't ship to my zip code. I know better than to post something that I want before ordering it or the Bruce Effect occurs and suddenly it is out of stock.

I think that size would be perfect for outdoor use, and since it appears to be Acacia that should withstand the elements if left outside.

I hope it works out for you.

btw, can you order two more and bring them by my place? I'm serving USDA select top sirloin cooked medium well and serving warm light beer :D

I created an account and I can get it shipped. Shipping is the same for one, or two and two after tax and shipping ends up about $55. or $27.50 each

@Timothy F. Lewis If I tagged you in the first post and said "HEY TFL DON'T READ THIS POST" that would be evil 😇

I tried to order them and they said won't ship to my zip code. I know better than to post something that I want before ordering it or the Bruce Effect occurs and suddenly it is out of stock.

I think that size would be perfect for outdoor use, and since it appears to be Acacia that should withstand the elements if left outside.

I hope it works out for you.

btw, can you order two more and bring them by my place? I'm serving USDA select top sirloin cooked medium well and serving warm light beer :D
True, that would not only be evil, it would make me sad!😉
Oooh, my mouth is watering!

Last edited:
This doesn't look like a end grain,ymmv
I know that the Menard’s cutting board is not end grain, thus my comment end grain is superior. I recently purchased this end grain board & although the cost was substantially more, the comparison is apples to oranges. This end grain board exudes quality & craftsmanship, not to mention is a show piece on the kitchen island.

end grain.jpg

I know that the Menard’s cutting board is not end grain, thus my comment end grain is superior. I recently purchased this end grain board & although the cost was substantially more, the comparison is apples to oranges. This end grain board exudes quality & craftsmanship, not to mention is a show piece on the kitchen island.

View attachment 85618
Cannot agree more! That’s a beautiful board, the Acacia one will be just fine for the back door projects I intend to use it for.

Same one at the Amazon costs $80.
Seriously. If anyone knows of knives that hold an edge. Sharpeners that are easy to use properly, and work... and why things just are not made like...
There are seemingly endless options, but after 30 years, the following are brands I have used, gifted, and continue carrying in my knife roll:

- Dalstrong
- Zoe Crist
- Half Face Blades
- MAC
- Gunter Wilhelm

For most real work at the board, I have 2” thick maple, these will be patio slicing and carving. Not for constant use. As I said before Mrs.Lewis did not raise any idiots.

Seriously. If anyone knows of knives that hold an edge. Sharpeners that are easy to use properly, and work... and why things just are not made like...
I bought my wife a Misono UX10 chef's knife and a smaller (Petty?) knife. They work well, but she has a habit of curling the edge and she refuses to straighten the edge with the nice honing sticks hat were provided with the Edgepro sharpeners that I use to keep her knives sharp and her happy.
I spent a lot of time straightening and sharpening her knives, so I looked for something else. I found Bradford Knives made a chef's knife in M390 as well as a smaller knife with the same steel. These knives hold their edge very well. Much longer between sharpenings than the Misono knives. Bradford also makes steak knives (Gatsby). I have six of them and love them.
I use a couple of Edgepro Apex sharpeners. The Misono knives were bought as left-handed knives. Different bevels on each side, so it's easier to have two sharpeners than to readjust the bevel for each side of the knife.
Having two sharpeners really isn't necessary if you work one side more than the other.

Cheers
Gerry

Well, I just went to pick up my cutting board. Fortunately, I opened the box and took a look at it before I left. I recommend doing this.

It is still there, and I got my money back.

The wood was splitting, and one of the edge lips was coming off.

Gerry

Picked up 2 of them a couple days ago. Fortunately both are in great condition. But holy moly, they are HUGE 😳. My wife put dibs on them for pastry boards, which is technically the correct product description.
IMG_5702.jpeg

Back