26" Kettle for Long Smokes?

Dan Crafton

TVWBB Member
I currently have a 18.5 WSM and a 22" OTG. I use the WSM for long overnight smokes (butts & briskets) and the OTG for everything else including smoking ribs (5-6hr using snake method). I like using & smoking on the OTG better cause it's just less hassle and easier to use.....

Could I do long smokes on the 26" kettle using the snake method? How long of smoke has been done on one of these without refueling? I would love to be able to use a kettle for long smokes!

Thank you for any experiences,
Dan

The 26r is great! I believe everyone should have one. I have older flat head but haven't done any long smokes but have done many on the 22s. From what I've seen and what I know about the 26rs, just the additional size of the kettle makes it great for indirect cooking smokes and would work excellent with the snake.

If you need more information, send me a hunk of meat to L&S cook with a snake and I'll let you know the data I collect. I'll keep the meat.:cool::rolleyes:

I currently have a 18.5 WSM and a 22" OTG. I use the WSM for long overnight smokes (butts & briskets) and the OTG for everything else including smoking ribs (5-6hr using snake method). I like using & smoking on the OTG better cause it's just less hassle and easier to use.....

Could I do long smokes on the 26" kettle using the snake method? How long of smoke has been done on one of these without refueling? I would love to be able to use a kettle for long smokes!

Thank you for any experiences,
Dan

I do have two 22's, OTS & OTG. I am just on the hunt for a 26, before I get the 18 WSM. You can't go wrong with a 26. It does everything a 22 do but with more room for more goodies.

Well I bit the bullet and the 26" will be delivered tomorrow. Will like the additional space when grilling for a large group & sounds like I can do three racks of ribs laying them flat so I won't have to use a rib rack. Hope other 26" kettle owners will chime in about smoking time on the 26. Can you do a 12-16 hour cook on one of these? I've done six hours on my OTG using the snake and think I could have done 2-3 more hours.

Will post a pic of my weber collection when I get the 26 set up....just cause I'm proud of my arsenal.

Dan

Back