22" WSM water pan Mod"

Geno

Hello All,

I know this has been discussed before, Its just that I can't find the right fix.
icon_confused.gif
I have a 14" clay saucer I got for my 18" WSM so I don't have to use water period! I can't for the life of me find a saucer for my 22" WSM. Are there any or is sand the only option and is sand as good or any better then the saucer method.

oh yeah, Weber did send me a second water pan
free for my 22", is the Piedmont method any good!
Thanks Michael, in San Antonio

I have the 18" WSM, and have been using the Piedmont pan since it was first discovered/invented. If I were you, I'd try just foiling the pan (with a few balls of foil in the bottom to maintain a space between the pan itself and the layer of foil, so grease that falls into the foil won't burn), and not worry with sand or a saucer. If you can maintain steady temperatures with just the foiled pan (as a lot of people apparently do), that would be the simplest arrangement, in my opinion. Or, try the Piedmont pan since you have two water pans to work with.

I am going to HD today to look for a saucer for my 22". After researching some of the earlier posts on this topic, looks like the 16" would suffice but would like to find one between 16" - 19".

Geno,do you have any Garden Ridge stores in your area? I bought a 15 or 16 inch one that barely fits in my 18" WSM. You might also try a garden supply store or nursery. Let us know if you find something.

Back