22½" Stok Grill Insert

After looking at the Stok, I would much rather have the aluminum Grill Grate's. Check em out.

I am not sure who makes STOK but Homedepot has has their product for a while - Home Depot STOK

I have one. It works well. It is a less expensive alternative to other CIG's. As I don't own other CIG's I can't give you a comparison. Not as heavy duty as the Craycort.

My sister's husband recently bought a Performer and I talked him into purchasing the STOK grate. I have the Craycort grate and while the Craycort is much more substantial and the larger mass lets it sear longer before the grate temperature starts to fall, it is also cumbersome and heavy! I have it installed on my Jumbo Joe and is quite heavy. I can only imagine how much heavier the 22.5" version is!

The STOK grill is lighter and the iron is not as thick. Considering the price, I would highly recommend the STOK grate. With the STOK grate it's certainly much better than stock stainless steel grate.

Is anyone currently using this? Thoughts, suggestions? I searched and found some early adopters and reviews but nothing recently.

http://www.target.com/p/st-k-22-5-cast-iron-grate/-/A-14007246#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

my local orchard supply has had 5 of the char broil grates in stock for over 3 years. they never have been on sale. they are about $28.
i will wait till they go on sale and then get one. it appeals to me more than the stok one as the inner part fits the 18" grill.

I've had the Stok grate on my Performer for a year or two and I think it performs great. It may not be Craycort thick as others have mentioned but its no light-weight either. One of the best parts of the Stok grate is that its only two pieces and with the middle section removed the Weber chimney fits in perfectly, making the lighting of the charcoal on the Performer a snap. Highly recommended especially with the specialty attachments that can be added on later if you choose. I have the grate lift tool that works well and the pizza stone insert which I've never used.

I bought the Stok Quattro gasser in 6/2011, before Home Depot ended their "experiment" with them ! I've been pleased with the grill... Although it looks like crap now, that doesn't bother me...all my grills look like crap, because they sit out in the FL sun ! :) The gasser came with the insert removal tool, the veggie basket, the flat griddle, and the pizza stone. I've used the basket on the gasser, and the stone in my regular oven (for baking !)...like them both !

I had been looking for the 22.5" CI replacement grate for my Weber...last time I posted about it, it was hard to find...still available from the Stok web site, but always "out of stock". I forgot about it until just recently...and I was surprised to find that the Stok stuff is available both from Target (who apparently picked up the line), and Amazon ! I recently ordered both the replacement grill, and the wok insert, from Amazon.

To be honest, I haven't used the equipment on my Weber kettle yet...the CI replacement fits my kettle just fine...I suspect, as others have said, that the CI may be a little lighter/flimsy that others, but I figure, for $40, it can't hurt to experiment ! Plus, I like how the purchase opens up a bunch of new options on my kettle, even IF my Stok gasser dies an untimely death...the inserts will live on !

HTH

Dean...

Here's one in use
VirginStokandcharcoalbasket2013-07-30095916.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dean I bought mine like in the pic^ from Home Depot about a month ago and haven't looked back. Things nice for the price. You'll enjoy it.

Back