2016 Spirit E-310

Found a deal at a nyc a target for $315ish. Picked it up for a balcony at my new apt. I'll be cooking for 2 most of the time. I need a propane tank, which one do u guys use? I also need a cover, what u got?

This grill will accompany my wsm mini, and Lodge sportsman grill. At the house I have a 22.5 otg, another smokey Joe, and a LA caja China #2.

Any tips for my first times around using the grill?

Check out the Yukon Glory covers at Amazon. After reading mixed reviews on the newer Weber covers, I bought a Yukon for my 210 and it seems really nice and is quite a bit cheaper. The Velcro on the sides holds that sucker on tight. Also, I didn't even use the factory grates, but put full coverage GrillGrates on. The couple times I've used it I really like it this way. Other than that, not much else you really need unless you want to grab a chip tube while they are on clearance at Target too.

Check out the Yukon Glory covers at Amazon. After reading mixed reviews on the newer Weber covers, I bought a Yukon for my 210 and it seems really nice and is quite a bit cheaper. The Velcro on the sides holds that sucker on tight. Also, I didn't even use the factory grates, but put full coverage GrillGrates on. The couple times I've used it I really like it this way. Other than that, not much else you really need unless you want to grab a chip tube while they are on clearance at Target too.

I did look into the Yukon covers, amazon says they fade also. I'd love a weber branded grill, but thats one product that they've dropped the ball on. amazon sells a bunch of fakes, posing as legit ones. and the legit ones cost $60. I ended up getting a $40 https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00TKLZ9RO/tvwb-20 from amazon thats supposedly pretty good, has vents for condensation, and thicker material that doesn't dry out like the others. we'll see i guess.

i looked into the grill grates, not my thing.

I do need a recommendation on where to get a LP tank though. where do you guys suggest?

I also get mine from Costco for $25.00. Costco's in my area do not fill propane but my local U-Haul does and the price is better than those prefilled things.

Do you have Tractor Supply stores near you? They filled my new tank for $8.50. They also had tanks for $26 It think.

Live in a suburb in Los Angeles. Don't think they even know what a tractor is here. Best buy is always U-Haul. We at least know what trailers are here in Los Angeles. :smilekettle:

You can find used 20 lb tanks on CL for ~$10. When mine start getting a little too rusty I trade them in for a better looking one at a Blue Rhino or Amerigas exchange for ~$15 to $19. Those won't come totally full, but it is still better than $25 for an empty tank. As others have mentioned refills at Tractor Suppy are a pretty good deal at ~$8, though I guess I might need to start taking mine to Costco for refills as ~$4 is even better. ;)

If i buy from costco, can i do trade in's at places like Lowe's? No u-haul w/ propane around me, and being in a u-haul shop is a disaster. its zoo-like.

I dont actively have a costco membership, but can probably borrow one to get a tank. Is there a specific brand to get or are they all the same?

I live in NYC - anyone have best tips on how to get a tank , and refill it here? Brooklyn to be specific.

I guess I might need to start taking mine to Costco for refills as ~$4 is even better. ;)

I don't know what part of town you're in, but the Altamonte Springs Costco does not have propane refills. The one near the Mall at Millenia does. I can't speak for the Winter Park Costco as I don't go to that part of town often.

Something to note on these crazy low refill prices. Some places weigh your tank and charge only what it takes to fill it or top it. Many (most any place in my area) charge a complete refill whether they top off one pound or a full fill. Imaging going to the gas station and being charged for your tank capacity whether you buy 5 gallons or full tank

Quick google search said that it's actually illegal to re-fill tanks in NYC.

good to know. so where does everyone do their propane tank exchanges? i only have lowes & home depot around me. I have a personal hate for lowes due to them dropping the ball on something way too important. That leaves me really with home depot. Should i just use them?

Here in the suburbs of Chicago, an RV place that refills (Amerigas) tanks, charges $19 per 20lb tank refill, and for every 3 you purchase, the 4th is free. 14.25 per tank, I'm a bit spoiled.

I just checked on refill prices around here. It's actually a dollar or two cheaper for me just to exchange my tank for a filled one at Kroger for $15.99.

At least where I live Pat, the refilled ones have less propane in them and the refills are at least $20.00. With the local U-Haul I only pay for the amount of propane filled and the price is less, also filled more so longer use per tank.

I just checked on refill prices around here. It's actually a dollar or two cheaper for me just to exchange my tank for a filled one at Kroger for $15.99.

One of the best places around for me is Tractor Supply because they charge by the gallon. That's preferred if refilling a Blue Rhino tank because those only hold 15 pounds rather than the 20 pounds of normal tanks. Their price is usually between $2.29 and $2.49 per gallon. There are about 4.7 gallons of propane in a full 20 pound tank, depending on ambient conditions.

Back