2014 Weber Crimson Color

Josh G

TVWBB Fan
I have heard many different opinions on the new crimson color from Weber. Does anyone know if the color is different from the Brick Red or just a different name. I read that someone did a side by side and they were the same. Why change the name?

I have post on the first page of this forum with pics of the crimson. Someone also posted some in the Weber family portraits thread. To me it is a little browner than the reds I see. I do love the color though.

It was your pictures Curt that made me take a second look at this grill. The pictures online do not show the color really well, but I really liked the look of yours. Still trying to figure out if it is the same color as the Brick Red. Thanks.

From what I can tell they are different. The brick red is a little darker. I was never able to see one in person prior to ordering but u do love the color.

Josh,

Sorry this response is a little late; you've probably figured the color difference out by now. With that said, I was at my local True Value and saw the crimson 22.5 OTG which was next to a brick red performer. The colors are clearly different. The brick red is a deeper and more vibrant color. In a word, "Dull" is how I would describe the crimson compared to the brick red.

Same story... Kurt it was you're pics and reference for Ace Hdwr that led me to special order mine also. Thanks chief.

Oneal's pics are accurate in color and finish. While I wish the paint would be more metallic like the blue and copper from 2013 I'm still happy w the color. The true color most closely matches the Wikipedia article on Crimson as "Indiana Crimson"

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/109526198@N06/12092863054/] Fresh Air 080 by Man Make Fire, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/109526198@N06/12092743254/] Just Not Sure 218 by Man Make Fire, on Flickr[/URL]

Sorry for the extra pic crap, on my wife's iPad.

Just Order You a Crimson,,

Thanks for all the pics! Really helps. I wish there was a store near me that had one on display. Lots of Ace Hardware around here but no one is showing it.

Thanks for all the pics! Really helps. I wish there was a store near me that had one on display. Lots of Ace Hardware around here but no one is showing it.

Ace in San Jose at almaden expressway and Camden has a red one one display. Was just there today

Sometimes, I just like to drive over to my local OSH or other hardware store, and just hang around in the grill section. Just kickin' the tires, you know...

Josh,

I just posted some pictures of a recent trip to Ace with a side by side comparison of the new crimson red with my '90s 2-tone red, brick red, new copper, green, and black in another thread in the charcoal grill section in here. The crimson and copper is definitely duller and doesn't have the polished look. Check out my pictures. I hope they help you make a decision.

Thank you for the side by sides. That really helps! I would have thought that first shot of the performer was a brick red, had no idea the brick red was so much darker. Thanks again!

Thank you for the side by sides. That really helps! I would have thought that first shot of the performer was a brick red, had no idea the brick red was so much darker. Thanks again!

It's not well depicted in the pictures, but the reflections of the overhead fluorescent lights in the crimson red and copper are very blurry where as the reflections in my 90s red, the green and black are very clear. The crimson is still a nice color, just not what I was hoping for. The brick red is a better color and finish when compared to the crimson. Hopefully you can go see these in person for yourself.

Back