2010 Lineup for Weber...includes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lime green four legger with the work tables would be nice. I was also looking at the twist n grill for 21 dollars. That would be worth buying and making an adjustable searing modification in a Weber.

I "hear" that weber is also adding cherry and apple chunks to their smoke wood line next year. Might make locating these woods a little easier for folks.

Steve

When I met with Weber last year, I suggested they offer a broader range of smoke woods. I'm glad they're doing that...make sure to buy them when you see them, or they'll stop offering them.
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Wait so this is actually coming out from Weber? Yes it looks great, gives you work space, but none of the unnecessary stuff like the coal bin and the gas starter...

Wait so this is actually coming out from Weber? Yes it looks great, gives you work space, but none of the unnecessary stuff like the coal bin and the gas starter

It's just the redesigned "Platinum" that Weber sold. It was more like an entry level "Performer".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...ALA/thevirtualweberb

The 2010 model is more of a Cross-over. The support looks like the cart for the Weber-Q. I just hope it's taller. I'm to Tall, Old and Fat
icon_wink.gif
for the shorter kettle's. I've had to make longer legs for all of mine.

The new OTG looks a little spaceship like to me -- I'm sure it will grow on me. I really like the new look of the performer.

being picky here but that hubcap look on the wheels turns me off. first time i saw it my eyes went straight to it. can't get away from it.

I agree, the hub caps look so very "Cheap Grill Knockoff" kinda. Also in the pictures I've seen thus far, the side panels don't have the appearance of stainless steel like the existing models have. Just my observation, could be the pictures.
Has anyone else notice that whenever the new Brick Red Performer is listed they include the Green and Black Performers but not the Dark Blue?
Is 2009 the last year for Dark Blue?

The grill that looks like a space ship must have a hinge on the back, dont see a weber handle on the top,just vent and temp guage... that might be ok, just open like the gas grills and it stays up...

Originally posted by Shaun R:
One has to wonder why they continue putting those round nubs to hold the three legs.
icon_rolleyes.gif

The nubs also hold the ash catcher, so removing them would have required a redesign of that.

-Mark.

Originally posted by Chris Zaffran:
The grill that looks like a space ship must have a hinge on the back, dont see a weber handle on the top,just vent and temp guage... that might be ok, just open like the gas grills and it stays up...
Does not have a hinge, just slides over a plastic guide and rests in a cradle similar to the performer. The top is not connected to the bottom in any way.

Originally posted by Lee Morris:
When could we realistically expect to be able to buy the new 2010 models? I'm all over the new Performer!
Weber's new models usually start shipping to dealers the last month to six weeks of the year. Although possible, I would not count on getting one by Christmas. Many dealers will not have their 2010 grills shipped until late winter. I would check at your local hardware store as they can order you one and get it to their store pretty quickly once they become available.
Steve

Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Thought you all would be very interested in knowing that Weber will be offering the 22" and Performer in RED for the new year! I went into Ace hardware and had my friend that works there lookup available inventory for 2010. It showed the Performer and a 22" with some sort of table attachment. They were red as can be. I think this will finally put the older red ones that everyone wants a little farther down in the demand list. I think its about time Weber figured it out finally!

The color of the new grills is "Brick Red" and as I understand it will only be available thru the coops (ace, true value, do it best, etc). I have seen prototypes and the red color, in my opinion, it is a "darker" red than the photos show. Good looking color but not the bright red of webers past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back