2009 Weber Genesis w/side burner

Not sure if it the same as a Silver B or Genesis 1000, but if so, the plug to delete the side burner gas tap on the manifold would be a 1/8th NPT plug.
Thank you for the info. The plug would have to be a female and from what I can tell the closest would be 7/16th fine thread.

Ummmm, can you post a photo. I think maybe you have the side tap connector still in the manifold. In which case, it would probably be a 3/8" cap. But post a photo of exactly what you want to plug?

here is a pic of a 2009 S320 side control manifold.

The right angle fitting on the left hand underside is the line to the side burner. I think a flare nut cap would be the easiest way to plug the line at the manifold. A threaded female plug like what was on Genesis 1000s might also do the trick.

1684797206514.png

1684797345115.png

OK, that is what I thought. You are looking to plug the tap. Likely, that tap connects with 1/8" NPT. You could also remove the tap and put a male 1/8" NPT plug in its place. That is how Weber normally plugs those extra ports. But the cap on the 3/8" flare would probably work as well.

I would have thought it was a regular size as well Larry.
Thing is Bruce, I actually knew better. LOL. I just forgot it's smaller since it's a line for only one small burner. Also should have remembered since I have one sitting on my workbench as well :D

Back