2004 Genesis Silver C vs. 2011 Genesis S330

That is interesting and I never thought about the possibility of sanding off the chrome finish. I think I tossed one or two of those due to the chrome blistering or peeling.

That is interesting and I never thought about the possibility of sanding off the chrome finish. I think I tossed one or two of those due to the chrome blistering or peeling.
I will say, it was not easy. A couple of hours of hand sanding for sure.

Any suggestions for sale value for the older Silver C if I were to resell it? In addition to how it's set up with propane, it will come with natural gas manifold, extra set of burners, and propane regulator. Plus a cover.

Get it all shined up, with everything working properly, and hang it out there for about $350 .... or best offer.

Nice work on the keeper. It's tough to find a better looking Genny than
a freshly polished S-330.

Agreed. Suggest keep an eye on the inside lower shelf for any sign of rust.

Thanks! So far, all I see is a little surface rust from where it looks like a can of cooking spray sat for a little while (rust ring). Could probably polish it off the paint - will give that a shot. I'm hoping if I keep it covered and on the deck it's on, that I will avoid a lot of rust on the shelf. My Silver C had very little, and I frequently left that uncovered.

Get it all shined up, with everything working properly, and hang it out there for about $350 .... or best offer.

Nice work on the keeper. It's tough to find a better looking Genny than
a freshly polished S-330.

Thanks.

I priced it for quick sale - $125, which is exactly the price I paid for the new one. Broke even on the swap. I probably could have spent some time cleaning it up, but it had the rusty frame right at the bolt for the fire box which I did not want to spend the time repairing.

Looking for a part for this one - there is a wind deflector that screws in beneath the control panel that looks like it was lost when the previous owner tried to swap out the igniter. If anyone has one available, please let me know. I think the deflector may be available as a replacement part but thought I'd see if anyone has one here first.

The one big difference in those grill is the movability. The Silver with the 8" wheels on axle, and lighter weight is way easier to move over a lawn or down from a deck.

Back