2000 Redhead Rehab

The igniter switch is different if you plan on using the sideburner with the platinum as that particular model uses the same igniter as the fire box. You acquire that stuff and we will help you sort it all out!
Oh, I thought you were talking about the switch, not the piezo igniter. You're correct, the side burner one is different from the main one.

The actual igniter is different as well. You use the same igniter for the burners as you do for the side burner. The picture cody posted shows the difference...they are relatively tough to find.
Weber still lists them, but at the tune of $50. I wonder if you could splice into the power wire or if it doesn’t have enough ooomph to spark on both. But worst case you use a match or lighter to ignite the sideburner.

Last edited:
Well, Cody, I am gonna have to find out if splicing will work. I just picked up a grill with one of those igniters and the damn connector pulled right out of the igniter with the wire when I tried to remove the wire....So, my next option is to see if I can piggy back off the existing hot lead. But, that will have to wait to next year. The season is getting close to the end for me this year.
I think I have a spare as backup anyway.

So, did you buy the Platinum frame? If you did, what parts did you get?
I haven’t contacted the guy with platinum frame yet - that is 80miles away

I’m picking up the silver B tomorrow- it fires up apparently but can’t tell if bars or burners are good

If my brother in law decides he wants the whole works with side burner, then I’ll look into the platinum

I sent him pics of various mutations that you guys have posted and told him that you geeks were rooting for the full enchilada

I haven’t contacted the guy with platinum frame yet - that is 80miles away

I’m picking up the silver B tomorrow- it fires up apparently but can’t tell if bars or burners are good

If my brother in law decides he wants the whole works with side burner, then I’ll look into the platinum

I sent him pics of various mutations that you guys have posted and told him that you geeks were rooting for the full enchilada
I’m rooting for enchiladas, fajitas, burritos and the free chips and salsa!

Back